Step One

"Uh, Yaz, you need to know-" Kenji tried to say.

"No time." She said. "We need to figure it out what Darius' plan is."

"What?" Brooklynn gasped, grabbing the map. "He's taking Tiff and Mitch to Main Street?"

Loud footsteps came from the bushes next to us, and suddenly, Bumpy came into view, bellowing. Yasmina screamed and dropped to the ground, not realizing who that was.

"Bumpy?" She finally said, wide-eye, recognizing the dinosaur.

Ben jumped down, holding a spear made out of a tree branch. "Hey." Yasmina had her mouth hanging open in disbelief. Ben stood there uncomfortable and cleared his throat. "Yasmina." She jumped up and rushed to hug him. "You're a hugger now, Fadoula?" Ben laughed into the hug.

Yasmina pulled out with a smile on her face. "Still have mixed feeling about it, but I... you're..." She hugged him again.

"Yeah, yeah, we've been trying to tell you about it." Brooklynn interrupted the reunion. "But in more pressing news. Darius isn't taking the hunters to the watering hole." She showed the map to Ben.

"They're hunters?" Ben glanced wary at Bumpy, petting her on the snout.

"More like poachers." Yasmina said.

"But, why would he take them straight to the T. rex?" I thought out loud. "That would get them in even more danger."

"Home court advantage." Kenji pitched in. "Darius and Sammy know the terrain, and Tiff and Mitch don't. It'll be easier to lose them on Main Street than in the jungle."

"And I bet he's counting on big ol' Rexy being a hell of a distraction." A grin grew on my lips. His plan wasn't that bad after all.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Yasmina pressured. "Let's go help them!"

"Yes!" Ben raised his fist. "Bumpy and I are ready to roll."

"Uh-uh. Big problemo." Kenji crossed his arms. "There's no way we'll make it to Main Street before they do."

"Well, if I'm not mistaken, we are near the South Docks..." Brooklynn said, but we just starred at her with confused faces. "And there is one obvious shortcut..."

"Down there? You must be kidding." Kenji exasperated. "Not only is super dark and creepy, but we nearly died! Nope. No go for Kenji." He stomped his feet to the ground.

"Let's call it a vote. So, who's up for a drive down in the tunnels..." I raised my hand, followed by Brooklynn, Ben and Yasmina. "That settles it." I smiled.

"No..." Kenji whined.

"It's the fastest way, Kenj." I walked over to our fallen bike and, after some effort, I hoisted it up. Brooklynn and Yasmina did the same with theirs and Ben readied himself on top of Bumpy. "Come on." I offered my hand and Kenji hesitantly took it, seating behind me.

"Wait a minute." Ben called out, looking around suspicious, clutching his spear. "Where is Hap?"

Brooklynn, Kenji and I exchanged glances.

"He, um..." I mumbled.

"Hap saved us from the Baryonyxes, but..." Brooklynn lowered her head. "...he didn't make it out."

"He did-" Ben stumbled on his words. "Oh."

"Guys, I'd love to catch up, but we're in a hurry right now." Yasmina reminded us.

I shook my head. "Yaz is right, we gotta go." I turned on the motorcycle.

We headed south to the docks, the entrance wasn't big enough to fit our motorcycles and Bumpy. So, the Ankylo had to use the club on the end of her tail to make a bigger hole in the concrete wall, but with Ben coercing her, it was fast. I still couldn't believe how much she had grown; she went from the size of a dog to the size of a car in a matter of a week.