I'm Okay

I have zero experiences with panic attacks, I just wanted to make that clear. I did some research and I really hope I got it right. So, bear with me.

Trigger warnings: blood and injuries, panic attack.

"What's it gonna be, Yaz?" Sammy asked with a smirk.

"I'm thinking." Yasmina frowned, glancing down at her hand.

"You can let her do this again." Brooklynn pressed.

"Okay... let's try this." Yasmina tossed a red seven to the pile of cards.

Then, Sammy lowered a red card. "Uno!" She cheered, smiling.

"Oh, come on!" I groaned.

"It's like you're letting the girl win there, Yaz." Kenji complained.

"I don't have much to work on here." Yasmina said, fidgeting with her cards.

"Is this what? The seventh time?" Ben played his hand.

"I've lost count." I sighed.

"Yeah, Cowgirl is a real monster." Kenji grunted, tossing a card into the pile. "Zero mercy."

I looked down at my hand. I wasn't dreaming of winning this game, I had around fifteen cards, and no good ones. I wouldn't have mattered anyway, Darius, Brooklynn and Yasmina were between me and Sammy. I just sighed and played a random red card. "Your turn." I said to Darius.

He played and then it was Brooklynn's turn. "Let's see if you have blue, Sammy." She played a color changing card.

Yasmina scoffed. "Well, I don't have blue." She drew a card.

"Too bad y'all." Sammy laughed, showing us the card on her hand, a plus four. We groaned for the seventh time this morning. We had been playing for hours and Sammy did most of the winning.

"Not again." Kenji tossed all his cards on the table and crossed his arms.

"Are we still counting scores?" Ben asked.

"For what? Sammy is like 1000 points ahead." Kenji said.

"There's no hope." I leaned back on my chair, starting to count my cards.

"Can we do something else?" Brooklynn pitched in. "We've played this all morning, and yesterday... and the day before yesterday..."

"How about board games?" Sammy beamed. "I love board games."

"Not those again." Yasmina whined. Just like Uno, we spend weeks going through Brimford's entertainment section in the bunker, piles of board games and books. We had played every board game a few million times each.

"I've been wanting to check out the watering hole." Darius quietly said.

"Again? What's new? Dinosaurs, dinosaurs and more dinosaurs." Kenji rolled his eyes.

"I'm still missing some for my field guide." Darius said, defensive. "I know it because the park had them listed as attractions, but I haven't managed to find any of them."

"Okay, Pokemon master, as long as they don't try and eat us, I'm in." I smiled, happy to do anything that wasn't playing games all day.

"Well, I still want to try my plan to fly us out of here." Yasmina said.

"The helicopter?" I side eyed her. "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Why not?" Yasmina glanced at me, but quickly focused her attention on Kenji. "You said you knew where Mr. Masrani kept his choppers, right Kenji?"