Compy Pen

Note for future self: limbs are not chew toys for rats.

I had waaaaaay too much fun writing this chapter, enjoy!

Warnings: mentions of blood, injuries and anxiety.

I opened my eyes only to close them again, squinting at the sun shining bright at my face. I groaned, turning around, away from the light. I fixed the dino plushie under my head and hugged my actual pillow closer. I felt the slumber taking over again when someone spoke behind me.

"So, are you going to sleep forever?"

"Huh?" I turned around to find Kenji staring at me from the couch next to my bunker.

"It's usually me who sleeps till noon." He chuckled.

"Were you watching me sleep?" I frowned, rubbing my eyes.

"Wha- No, I-" He stuttered, his cheeks turning red.

"Look at you blushing." I laughed, which turned into a yawn.

"Yeah?" Kenji scoffed. "Well, you snore, I was just trying to spare my own ears."

"I do not." I sat up straight.

He laughed at me. "And you sleep with your mouth open."

"So, you were watching me." I narrowed my eyes.

"Nah-ah." He shook his head emphatically, his cheeks turning red again.

I was about to tell him he drools in his sleep, when I noticed we were alone. "Where is everybody?" I glanced around.

"They're out doing their own thing, I don't know." He shrugged. "But since you're awake, I need your help with something." He had a devious smile on his face.

...

"A prank?" I deadpanned. "You dragged me over to Main Street for a prank?"

"Yeah, so, I thought about switching the shampoo for hair dye..." He chuckled to himself. "...or filling Darius' bunk with rubber ducks, or we could find a white sheet and pretend that we're a ghost to scare Sammy." He rubbed his hands together, manically. I just stared blankly at him. "Come on, it's just a little prank..." He pleaded. "Don't harsh the mellow now."

'It would be funny seeing their hair crazy colorful.' A small smile grew on my face. His face lit up and he opened his mouth to say something, but I raised one finger in the air, stopping him. "And where exactly are we supposed to find stuff for all that?"

"I came up with the pranks." Kenji lazily said. "That's on you to figure the rest out."

"Real classy." I rolled my eyes.

"What? You're my partner in crime." He smiled. "I bet you can figure this out."

"Fine." I huffed. "There's probably some hair dye on the drugstore and sheets on the hotel, but rubber ducks?" I shook my head. "That'll be tough to find."

"No problemo." Kenji started walking, turning right on the lagoon. "To the drugstore!"

"Wrong way."

"To the drugstore!" He repeated, turning left.

"Honestly, I don't know how you even get by with your sense of direction." I laughed, as we walked along the street.

"Who needs a sense of direction when I have you?" He smugly said.

I scoffed. "Flattery doesn't work on me."

"You're here, aren't you?" He shoved me with his shoulder.

"Not that I had much of a choice." I mumbled.