Prologue

"It has been over a year since my temporary leave from Hogwarts... I left in exchange to find myself in the Muggle World. You might be wondering why I chose that... Well, it wasn't my decision."

I was studying in the library, getting ready for my last exam of the year, It had been a pretty eventful year. I, Grace, have been dating Fred Weasley for a couple of months by now, the chamber of secrets opened up, and apparently, a basilisk was involved.

A lot more other things happened, but those were probably the most important ones. I have been at Hogwarts since year one, and there is a lot that goes on around this giant school for wizards and witches.

Of course, this is mainly due to one of my close friends Harry Potter. We've always been close due to just the luck we get being in each other's classes, given my whole family already knows of his existence, Harry says I am quote, "The only person that doesn't make him feel special" which I guess is a compliment.

Throughout the years I have acquired other friends like Harry's friends Hermione and Ron, as well as my own like Luna Lovegood and Lorenzo Berkshire. I grew up believing in everyone no matter which house they belong to, my brother, Cedric may call me crazy for it, but it's true.

Lorenzo and I became friends completely on a whim when we got partnered for potions. He's a Slytherin, and I'm a Hufflepuff, yet we are two very similar people. I think what keeps me around though is his honesty...he's always so honest and it always does me good.

"Grace..."Someone whispered my name, I look up from my books and see Lorenzo. "Hi Enzo, you coming to study with me?" I asked happily, Enzo looked away and sighed before holding out his hand to me.

"I need you to come with me"He said, the young girl blonde girl was confused, but without no hesitation she took Lorenzo's hand and followed him out of the library.

Lorenzo Berkshire may be a Slytherin, and may be known to be one of the "bad students" but he had a heart of gold, and he couldn't let his best friend be blindsided by her boyfriend and all the stuff he does behind her back.

Lorenzo leads Grace to a empty hallway before pulling her behind the wall, "peek out"Enzo whispered quietly. Grace looked at Enzo confused before slowly peeking her head out from the hallway.

Her eyes go wide as she see's her boyfriend, Fred Weasley making out with another girl. Grace froze, unsure of what to make of this. "I can hex him, make him fall on his arse"Enzo suggested, but Grace shook her head slowly.

"No...no I need to do something"Grace said as she walked out of the hallway, towards Fred. He didn't notice her at first, until the other girl pulled away hearing footsteps.

Fred stopped and looked in the direction of the sound before completely freezing in his spot. "Grace~ When did you get-" Before the red head could say another word, he was greeted by a hand connecting to his face.

He held his face before looking at Grace, he didn't get a word out before Grace spoke. "I'm breaking up with you, you two face cheating rat!"Grace yelled before walking away, not uttering another word.

Grace walked into the Great Hall with Lorenzo, "Grace, are you alright?"Lorenzo asked before recieving a sudden hug from the girl. "I-I'm okay...I just need a moment Enzo..."She spoke softly, the boy was surprised but hugged her back letting her cry for a moment.

"What you did was very brave of you, mistakened me for a Gryffindor"He said making his best friend giggle slightly. Student's noticed and whispered about the two, it wasn't uncommon that a couple would appear from two different houses, but a lot of students would mix up relationship and friendship all the time.

At the Slytherin table, their was a lot of whispers. "Ugh why is Lorenzo talking to that Hufflepuff?"Pansy asked watching the two talk, "Oh don't be so protective, you know they are in lots of classes together. Lorenzo hangs out with her as much as he hangs out with us"Theo said as he watched as the two walked over to the Hufflepuff table.

The duo walked up to Cedric Diggory, Grace's older brother a year. Cedric looked up at Grace before his smile dropped and he pulled her down, with a serious look on his face. Lorenzo spoke for Grace before Cedric got up and walked out of the Great Hall angry.

"Oooo, someone's in trouble"Pansy said making Blaise snicker, "It's probably that red head blood traitor"Blaise spoke making Draco nod. "He's finally gonna get a beat down from someone"Draco said.

That day I caught Fred cheating one me it was a downhill spiral. I was really sad, and I had not eaten much. Cedric told our parents and they offered to homeschool me for a year, to get back to my mental stability.

That one year changed my life, I grew, learned more magic, I got to enter the Muggle world multiple times and most importantly, I got better. In that time Fred apologized to me, and we got somewhat better. However, I don't think I can entirely forgive him for what he did.

Now that the year is finally closing it is time to go back to Hogwarts, and hopefully grow to be a better person...Hopefully.