Chapter Seven

"Those next couple hours were blurry. Both causes of the Triwizard Cup and Mattheo"

The whole class was sitting in the Great Hall, all of us waiting to hear the students who will represent each other for the Triwizard Cup. Grace sat in between her brother and Lorenzo, she wasn't looking up from her bandages hand.

Mainly because she could feel Mattheo's piercing eyes on her, "Is he still looking at me?"Grace asked Lorenzo. Her best friend looked back before looking forward, "all of them are"He told her.

She sighs as she covers her hand and leaned against her brother, "Do I have to stay?"She asked Cedric. Cedric leaned back slightly, "I'd like you to, just until they get the names"Cedric says. Grace frowns and nods, she leans back over to Lorenzo, "This sucks"She said quietly only for her best friend to nod slightly.

"The moment you have all been waiting for, the champion selection"Dumbledore said before dimming the lights in the Great Hall. The cup fire lit up brighter as a paper flew out of it, "The champion for Durmstrang is Viktor Krum" Dumbledore said as people cheered. 

Soon after another paper flew out,"The champion for Beaubaxton is Fleur Delacour"  Dumbledore said making people cheer. Grace clapped as she looked at her brother, who looked anxious. Soon enough another paper flew out of the cup.

"The champion for Hogwarts is Cedric Diggory" Dumbledore said as everyone cheers. Cedric smiles getting out of his seat, He looks at his sister who gives him a thumbs up and claps for him. Grace watched as her brother walked away to go with the other champions.

Since the ceremony was about to be over Grace started grabbing her things, when suddenly another paper flew out of the cup. Everyone watched confused as Dumbledore grabbed the paper and read the name, "Harry Potter....Harry Potter!" Dumbledore yelled.

Grace looked at Harry confused, he looked at his friends confused and even though he was confused Hermione forced him to go up and follow to the champions room. "No way..."Lorenzo said as Grace watched, "theres no way that was a coincidence"Grace said as she got up and walked out.

Lorenzo got up and was about to follow Grace when Blaise and Theo blocked him, the boy was confused until he saw Mattheo walk past them. He sighs and nods following the two back to their seats.

Grace walked up to the Astronomy Tower confused. "Cedric and Harry.... There can only be one champion...There's no way..." Grace thought as she got to the top, she sat on the chair and stared up at the ceiling.

"Their is no way Harry put his name in..."She said quietly when she heard footsteps approaching, she grabbed her wand and held it out. "It's just me"Mattheo said making the girl groan, "What is it Mattheo?"She asked putting her wand away.

"You want payback for punching you?"She asked, Mattheo shrugs walking over to her. "I would, but I also won't"He says carefully. The girl crosses her arms carefully, "Then why did you follow me all the way up here?"She asked.

"Well I mean your brother and your friend did just get put into the Triwizard Cup...I wanted to make sure you were okay"He said making Grace roll her eyes again, "It's suppose to be an honor to be in the games"Grace said looking away.

"But it wasn't...was it?"The boy asked making the girl slightly nod. "It just doesn't make any sense, and Harry of all people.."Grace said softly as he nods. "I might just be paranoid though....I just get this weird feeling about this years games"Grace said softly.

She sat down and looked at the roof, that had a dozen of stars. Mattheo sat next to her as he took out a cigarette and lit it up, smoking it. Grace looked at Mattheo, "Really?"She asked raising an eyebrow.

"This is my smoking spot"He said carefully before blowing the smoke away from Grace. The girl only sighs, she didn't like Mattheo being with her, but she also for the moment didn't mind his presence.

"I still don't like you and what you did"Grace suddenly said, "I had a feeling"Mattheo simply said as he placed the cigarette up to his lips again. "I won't fall for you"She said again as Mattheo blew the smoke out again.

Grace looked at Mattheo, "but thanks for checking in on me..."She spoke softly. The boy looked at her and nodded, "You are still Enzo's friend, it's the least I could do"He said before looking away.

Grace knew that wasn't the real reason though, she looked away before looking at Mattheo. "friends in private, enemies in public?"She asked holding out her hand to the boy. Mattheo looks back, he looks at the girl confused.

He placed his cigarette in between his lips with a smile before shaking her hand, "You are one crazy Hufflepuff"He said before she shrugs. "Thanks, you...are okay"She said making the boy roll his eyes, "Whatever you say"He said carefully.