Chapter Ten

"Yeah, dancing may be my thing but to be in the center showing students how to dance is scary...On top of that, my partner had to be the one person I was hoping couldn't be"

Since the Triwizard Cup was starting, it wasn't a surprise that Hogwarts also had to have the Yule Ball as well. Each house got to practice on its own, then they would merge different houses to practice and not cause any distractions.

During practicing with just the houses Grace was one of the best dancers in Hufflepuff, most students who were friends with Grace or saw her before she left knew of how talented she was at dancing. On top of that, the year she was gone gave her a chance to go to more classes, so to say the least she was one of the best dancers at Hogwarts.

This made her attractiveness level skyrocket as most of the boys at Hogwarts weren't the best at dancing, so if they wanted a guide they would go to her for advice both verbally and physically. Although it didn't make both Grace and Mattheo happy, they both had to deal with it.

Soon enough houses began to merge and somehow Grace got placed in a class with Mattheo and all their friends. Luna and Grace were talking to one another, "I wonder who will be your partner, I don't know any other good dancers in the school" Luna said making the girl shrug.

"I heard it was one of the Slytherin boys" Hermione said coming into our conversation, "Oh gosh, of all people...Which daddy's money boy will it be"Grace whispered looking over at all the Slytherin boys. She had most of her money that it was Draco or Blaise, and she was hoping it wasn't Draco she would be partnered with.

"Do you suppose Lorenzo could be your partner?"Luna asked making Grace shake her head, "As much as I wish my best friend was good at dancing, he isn't, but I am sure any girl would want to partner with him over the other Slytherin students" Grace said softly.

She then noticed Mattheo walk in quietly, she furrowed her eyebrows. "Oh please don't let it be Mattheo..."She thought before McGonagall told us to sit down, all the teachers are teaching the merged classes. "Okay, we will pick up from last time. Let's see..."She said softly looking around for her best dancers.

"Grace" She spoke softly, making the girl stand up and walk over to her. She stood quietly looking back to her friends hoping for the best, "and Mattheo, come up here"McGonagall said. Grace looked at Mattheo who kept his head down and walked over to the, whispered erupted room while McGonagall went to play the music.

"When were you a good dancer?"Grace asked making Mattheo roll his eyes, "I don't know, Snape just said I was a lot better than the others. Now I am here" He said making the girl laugh a bit. "Quiet everyone, Positions please"McGonagall said.

Grace groans as she carefully placed her hand on Mattheo's shoulder, taking his other hand. The boy smirks as he grabs Grace's waist and pulls her closer, "Don't get any ideas Mattheo" Grace whispered clenching her jaw. Mattheo smirked, "I'm just here to dance honey~" He said as the music began.

The two begin the dance they were taught and even though they were cursing at each other back and forth the entire time, you couldn't tell because of how graceful and good they were. The students watched astonished by them, most of Mattheo's friends weren't happy with this choice but Lorenzo liked the pairing.

Some other people who weren't too happy with this decision were Cedric mainly cause it was his sister, and Cho, but no one noticed why she was unhappy. "Alright everyone partners up and follows "McGonagall said making all the other students get up and partner with people. 

The two heads were still bickering, but in obvious Mattheo fashion, it turns into him flirting. "You're really good, Do you have a date yet to the ball?"He asked making the girl roll her eyes. "Is this your way of trying to ask me?"Grace asked as the boy nodded.

"I don't have a date because I wasn't planning on going"Grace said making Mattheo surprised, "Why? I thought girls loved that stuff?" He asked as she shrugs."With all the boys asking me, it makes it sound like a desperate attempt. So I just won't go" Grace said making Mattheo nod.

"Well, Slytherin is throwing another after-party for the Yule Ball, if you want to come"Mattheo offered making Grace raise her eyebrow, "You aren't going to give me another faulty chocolate to make out with you again, right?"She asked making the boy nervously chuckle.

"No I won't" He said, "I guess I can consider the after-party then" She said softly making the boy smile a bit. Mattheo got an idea when he suddenly dipped Grace, making her surprised. "If you ever want to change your mind about not going to the Yule Ball, my door is always open" He said softly making the girl blush.

He brought her back up and practice finished from there, Grace quickly moved away from Mattheo. Her cheeks are red as cherries, Mattheo smiles as he leans into the girl's ear. "Good dancing partner" He spoke softly before walking off to get his stuff.

Everyone did the same, as Grace grabbed her stuff she noticed Cho Chang walking up to Mattheo with a box of chocolates. "ooo Cho is asking Mattheo to the ball" Hermione whispered, but Mattheo shook his head and walked off.

"Oh no...he rejected her"Luna said, Grace looked down, remembering what Mattheo said as she looks away for a moment seeing her brother comfort Cho. "crap...I hope that wasn't his way of asking me"Grace thought as she quickly rushed out, trying to forget about practice.