Chapter Fifteen

"I hate Mattheo...I hate Slytherin's...I hate everyone"

Grace sat on her bed wiping away her tears, trying to recollect herself from everything. Suddenly someone knocks on her door, she slowly walks over to her door and opens it to see her best friend Lorenzo. He was about to say something when she hugs him, "What did I do Enzo?" Grace cried.

"What did I do to have people start all this shit with me?"She cried making Enzo frown, "Nothing...People are just acting up right now" Enzo said as he held her close. Lorenzo took her back into her room, leaving a little bit of a crack in the door. He placed Grace on her bed as she wiped her tears again.

"I don't know why people are getting at me when I didn't even want Mattheo to be interested in me! I never asked, All I wanted was a normal year and Mattheo just wouldn't stop"Grace said as Lorenzo listened, he knew that all Grace wanted was a normal year and he felt bad that only a couple months in Grace's school year was horrible. 

"I know...but did you ever think about what Mattheo wanted?" Enzo asked, "No! because he has been giving me all these mixed signals when it's just us or in public!" Grace said covering her face. Suddenly the doors of the Hufflepuff common room opened and Mattheo walked in with flowers.

He realized, after a talk with Cedric and the other Slytherins, that what he did was wrong and that if he did want Grace to go to the Yule Ball with him he should do it in the nicest way possible. He asked a couple of Hufflepuffs where Grace was and they directed him to her dorm room. Once he got up there he noticed there was a crack in the door, so he leaned in close and listened from behind the wall.

"I know... but maybe... he does want to go with you and he just doesn't know how to express it" Enzo said making Grace sigh, "I wish he was just honest then! Why can't the idiot just say it" Grace said making Enzo smile. "So you would've said yes if he just asked?" Enzo asked making Grace nod. 

"He pisses me off so much though! I don't even know if I like him though. With everything that happened with Fred, it's so hard to tell" Grace said laying down. "I mean fuck how the hell can I tell if Mattheo is truly asking me or if he is playing a dirty little game with me. He is a Slytherin, no offense" Grace said.

"None taken" Enzo said as he watched his friend, "If you want some insight, it was a game at first for Mattheo" Enzo said causing the boy listening to internally groan, "but, I don't think it's a game anymore since he got beaten up by your brother. I think he truly knocked some sense into Mattheo" Enzo said making the other boy sigh quietly.

"Grace trust me, just let him try this once" Enzo said, Mattheo finally decided to take action as he knocked on the door carefully. Grace got up slightly before walking over to it, she opened the door and was surprised to see Mattheo with flowers in front of her door.

"Hi...am I interrupting something?" Mattheo asked, Grace wasn't sure what to say as she looked back at Enzo who was already walking out. "Nope, I was just leaving" Enzo said patting Mattheo's shoulder, Mattheo nods before looking at Grace.

"Can I come in?"He asked, Grace nodded letting the boy in. Mattheo looks around, it was his first time in the girl dorms. Grace closed the door, "Why the flowers?" She asked softly snapping Mattheo out of his thoughts.

"Oh they're for you, to apologize" He said holding them out to Grace. She looks at Mattheo and then the flowers, "that's it?" She asked making the boy look up before looking away. "Uhm... I talked to your brother, and he said what I have been doing has only been stressing you out and he told me if I wanted to take you to the dance I should just be honest and ask" Mattheo said.

Grace nods slightly, "So..." She said tilting her head. Mattheo sighs, "I am sorry that I have been bugging you about going and doing a lot of stuff you don't like. I do want you to come with me to the Yule Ball, but I understand if after all this you don't want to"He said carefully before looking away, "and...I want to be more than friends, I think you're really pretty and I just want a chance to show you I am not all bad" Mattheo added before looking down again.

Grace was taken aback by the second part, "This is a sudden change isn't it?" Grace asked as Mattheo nods. "It is, and I get it if you don't want to be more, but at least let me take you to the dance and from then on you can decide what you want for us" Mattheo said making Grace smile slightly.

She was silent for a moment before carefully taking the flowers, "I like this version of Mattheo" She said softly as she held his cheek in her hand. Mattheo melted at her touch, finally looking at her. Her pretty blue eyes were red and tear marks were down her cheeks, it made him upset he didn't apologize sooner.

"I forgive you" Grace said softly, "and I would love to go to the dance with you Mattheo Riddle" Grace added with a smile. Mattheo smiled and nodded slightly, "You won't regret it I promise" He said making her smile back, hoping she wouldn't regret it.