Chapter Twenty One

"The next couple months after Cedric's passing was hard...I couldn't handle it"

In the days following the incident, Hogwarts became sorrowful and quiet instead of the lively, spirited school. This was especially true for the young Diggory daughter. Grace began to lock herself in her dorm room, and no one, not even Lorenzo could get her out of the room. Luna and many other Hufflepuffs would leave her food at her door because, with every passing meal Grace wouldn't come out, she stopped going to classes too causing professors to become concerned with her condition.

It was once again lunch and many people were in the Great Hall, eating quietly. Mattheo stared at his food, not touching it all. All his friends knew that Grace's missing presence was affecting Mattheo as well, he has been more quiet and anxious since the incidient. Enzo watched Mattheo and noticed Luna holding a plate and heading towards the exit of the Great Hall.

Enzo got up and walked over to Luna, "Hey Luna..." Enzo said making the girl stop, "Hello Enzo, I was just about to go bring another plate to Grace would you like to come with me?" Luna asked. Enzo scratched the back of his neck as he looked at Mattheo who just played wit his food, the boy looked back at Luna.

"I was actually wondering if me and Mattheo could go? You and the Hufflepuffs have been missing meals because you have been sending them to Grace, let us take care of this meal" Enzo said taking the plate from Luna. "Oh well thank you enzo, we all would appreciate it" Luna said as Enzo nods watching the Ravenclaw leave.

Lorenzo walked back to the Slytherin table, and nudged Mattheo. "What?" Mattheo snapped, not looking at Enzo. "Come on, you and me are bringing food to Grace. We'll try talking to her again" Enzo said, the other boy nods instantly and got up following Enzo to the Hufflepuff common room.

Once they got to Grace's door Lorenzo knocked on the door, "Grace? We brought lunch for you"  Enzo said carefully, "and the notes from this weeks potions" Mattheo added. It was silent, you can only hear sniffles from inside meaning Grace was crying again. 

Enzo frowns hearing his best friend crying, Mattheo looks at the door handle and sighs as he takes out his wand. Enzo noticed and tried to stop him, "I have to be there. I hate hearing her like this Lorenzo" Mattheo said quietly, "I do too but that doesn't mean we have to break into her room, she is still healing" Enzo said.

The two go back and forth for a good minute before the door opens, Grace stood their in Mattheo's sweater looking discheveled and heartbroken. "Why can't you two bicker quieter?" Grace said making the two boys stop, "Sorry..." The boys said looking down.

"Thank you for the food and notes" She said quietly taking them both, before she closed the door Mattheo stopped it. "Can we come in?" Mattheo asked, Enzo rolls his eyes but he sighs because he did want to go in and see Grace. 

"I don't know Mattheo... It's not a good time"  Grace said quietly, "We just want to be here for you Grace" Enzo said making the girl look up at them. She sighs knowing they wouldn't budge as she opens the door for them, "fine" She said quietly as she walks back over to her bed.

Her room was dark, and you couldn't even tell it was her room because of how messy it had gotten. Grace sat on her bed setting her food and notebook on her bedside table, she sat their sadly. Mattheo and Enzo walked in as they sat with her, Enzo in front of her while Mattheo sat besides her. 

"Grace...I know you're still sad, is their anything you want us to do? anything you want to tell us" Enzo asked, Grace played with her fingers. Mattheo frowns as he held his hand out to her, she noticed and hesitantly took it. "my parents are planning Cedric's funeral...can you guys come?" Grace asked quietly.

Mattheo intertwined his fingers with hers, "Of course, we will be there for you" Mattheo told Grace as Enzo nodded as well. "Have you talked to the professors about...maybe leaving early?" Mattheo asked as the girl nods.

"Dumbledore insisted I take my leave, he told me I passed all my classes so I don't need to worry about final tests" Grace said quietly, "You should, it is best you stay home and heal" Enzo said as the girl looks up at the two. "I just...I don't want to leave early again, I already did it once and-" Enzo cut the blonde off.

"Yeah, but this time it is for a good reason. The school will only be a reminder of what happened, and for your sake you need time away from the school. The professors understand that" Enzo told Grace, she went quiet once again and looked away.

Mattheo looked at Grace who was about to cry again, the boy pulled her close and sighed. "We will tell Professor Sprouts that you want to take your leave early, we will help you, okay?" Mattheo told Grace. She nods a bit covering her face as she cried again, Enzo frowned as he scooted closer. 

The two boys hug the blonde tightly, both wanting to protect her from the world in two different ways. Enzo promised himself he will do everything in his power to protect Grace like her brother did. While Mattheo swore on his life that he will kill whoever hurt Grace, even if it was his father.