Chapter Eight

"I don't know what happened that day, all I know is I was the reason Mattheo got into that fight"

Mattheo walked through the halls of Hogwarts, so much has happened in the past couple of days that it is surprising to him to notice that is halfway through the semester. He held his head high, as he walked past students who were gossiping about him, like how the death eaters are his fathers doing.

"Tom doesn't go through this shit.."Mattheo thought, his older brother Tom, who isn't around and is working on the background stuff with their father has never been the topic of gossip but Mattheo always was.

"Hi, Mattheo~" Some girls said, he smiles and waved to them before continuing to walk. He always entertained girls' hearts. Hogwarts or Beabaxton, Mattheo loved entertaining the women. However, his mind couldn't get over Grace, who was the only girl Mattheo couldn't win over.

He smiles remembering the agreement they had last night, "Friends in private, enemies in public"He thought as he put his hands in his pockets. "She is insane to think that would work out" He thought once again as he walked towards the common area.

Mattheo walked into the common area, and a lot of students were there. Mattheo saw Draco, Theo, and the others as he starts walking, the group saw him and waved as he waved back to them. "Yeah, Cedric's younger sister Grace, definitely gonna hit on that for the Yule Ball"Someone says.

Mattheo stopped and looked over at the person that said that it was a student from Durmstrang Academy. "She is one pretty girl, I bet a figure in a dress is nice" Another one of them says, Mattheo clenched his jaw when suddenly someone touched his shoulder.

He looked over and saw Theo, "Why do you look like you're gonna kill someone mate?"Theo asked, Mattheo was about to ramble but he realized that he shouldn't and shrugged. "Well, we are going to the great hall, you coming?" Theo asked, the boy nods simply following the group.

As they walked into the Great Hall Mattheo saw Grace talking to Luna and Hermione, when a student walked over to her. Mattheo watched as the Hogwarts student asked Grace something, the blonde girl shakes her head making the boy look sad as he walks away. "Shit...he asked her to the Yule Ball"He thought.

"Mattheo!" He heard his name being called, He looks over to see Draco gesturing him to go to them as Mattheo follows quietly. This caught the attention of Grace, Hermione, and Luna. "He is quite an odd one lately"Luna said making the girls look back at each other, "I wonder what poor soul is going to end up going with him to the Yule Ball" Hermione said making Grace look over at Mattheo.

"He doesn't look like the type to be interested in going"Grace said making the two look at the girl, "How would you know?"Hermione asked making the girl shrug. "I think he'll only be interested if he was interested in a girl" Luna said looking at Grace, like she was trying to tell her something.

"Well, who would want to go to the ball with that completely aggressive, narcissistic Slytherin?"Hermione says making Grace shrug. "Who knows, hopefully not me" She said suddenly as she got up, "I should go before another boy tries to ask me to the ball"Grace said grabbing her things.

"You aren't planning on going Grace" Hermione asked making Grace shake her head, "Unless magically I choose to, I don't plan to anytime soon" Grace said as she grabs her books and begins walking out of the Great Hall.

As she walks out multiple boys stare and whistle at the young girl, this infuriates Mattheo watching all of them. He thought it was disrespectful and disgusting especially since he knows that Grace isn't the type of person to like it.

Mattheo sat their watching the students, "I am so going to bend her over on that dance floor and in bed at the Yule Ball" Someone says walking past Mattheo and that set him off. He got up quickly, it was a Durmstrang student. Mattheo tapped the persons shoulder, and when they turned around Mattheo's fist connected with the student's cheek.

This turned into a full on brawl, students cheering and watching. Hermione and Luna watched annoyed until they heard the reason why. "Apparently someone said something about Grace and Mattheo just punched him" Another Slytherin student said. Mattheo's friends watched, most of them were just as confused except for Lorenzo.

Lorenzo knew that Mattheo heard what people were saying about Grace, he was just surprised he was getting into a fight about it. Soon enough Snape separated the fight, loosing 10 points from Slytherin but also sending Mattheo to the infirmary. While the group followed Mattheo, Lorenzo rushed to go find Grace.