Chapter Nine

"Mattheo? Fighting for me? How...Heroic..."

During the time Mattheo was being taken to the hospital wing of Hogwarts, Grace was in the Hufflepuff common room reading quietly. It was peaceful until Lorenzo rushed into the common room with the help of some Hufflepuffs.

"Grace! Grace! Guess what!" Lorenzo said as he jumped onto the couch next to me. Grace looked at Lorenzo and set down her book, "What? What happened?"She asked confused. "Mattheo got into a fight for you"Enzo said making the girl even more confused.

"What? Wait why?"Grace said, this made the girl confused but also worried. She never would want a guy to get into a fight because of her, especially since her brother did it once already.  "I don't know Mattheo was just sitting there, and then a second later he knocks a Durmstrang student down to the ground and starts beating the living hell out of him"Enzo said.

The young blonde nods as she carefully gets up, "The least I can do is thank him"She thought. "Take me to him"Grace said making Enzo nod, "Maybe this is how they become friends?"The boy thought as he takes Grace to the Hospital wing of Hogwarts.

"The group might be in their but don't worry about them, I'll get them away for you two to have some space to talk"Enzo told Grace making his best friend surprised, "How do you know I will want space?"She asked making the boy chuckle. "You're my best friend, you don't think I know the little secrets you are hiding from me"He said.

The girl smiles as they walk into the infirmary. Enzo's friend group was all their, but the moment Lorenzo walked in he started telling them that they had to leave. Mattheo, who was awake, was confused till he saw Grace waiting for them to all leave.

Mattheo smiles a bit before waving goodbye to his friends, once they all left it was just Mattheo and Grace. "So...You got into another fight?"Grace asked as she slowly walked over to the boy, "Yeah, but it was nothing"He said looking away. Grace furrows her eyebrows, "Enzo said your fight was for me, you wanna tell me what happened?"Grace asked sitting in front of Mattheo.

Mattheo sighs, "fucking enzo..."He thought before looking at Grace. "Some Durmstrang student just said some inappropriate things about you...and I was kind of fed up by it, so I punched him"Mattheo said before shrugging a bit. Grace blushes a bit, no guy ever did that for her. "Oh...well...thank you then, for doing that"She said softly looking down at her hands.

Mattheo looked at Grace, he knew she was surprised. He smiled and nodded, "Of course, We may not be publicly friends, but the least I can do is beat a dude up for saying that shit about you"Mattheo said calmly, making the girl look at him again.

Grace noticed all the scars and blood on his face, she scoots closer to him and touches his face to examine his wounds. This made Mattheo surprised, but he tried not to show it by just looking at her. "What are you doing?"He asked, "I just...You really don't have to get into fights for me, I can handle a catcall or two"Grace said with a small strained smile.

Mattheo shook his head, "You shouldn't though, I get it you're pretty and all, but no guy should do that to someone they like either"Mattheo said as the girl sighs, "I know, but it happens a lot more than usual. We aren't super close so you wouldn't understand. Enzo has seen it so much, he has to fake being my boyfriend so people will leave me alone"Grace said softly.

"Oh..."Mattheo thought as he took the girls hand from his cheek, "Well even if we aren't going to say we are publicly friends, If I every hear someone talking about you like that again. I will hurt them"Mattheo said. Grace looked at Mattheo, seeing his serious complexion. It made her relieved that she had someone helping her.

"Thanks"She said softly only for the boy to nod back. The two stay their all day, talking and getting to really know each other. It felt like time stopped and it was just the two of them, it was surprising too since no one came looking for them as well.

Soon enough nightfall came, Grace looked out the window. "I suppose I should leave now, let you rest"She said as she got up from the bed. Mattheo nods a bit watching her, "I guess enemies tomorrow?"He asked making the girl nod a bit looking away for a moment before looking back at him.

"We'll get to being friends, maybe get into more fights for me and we can be friends publicly"She said making the boy chuckle, "Well I guess we will be friends very soon"He said making the girl giggle. Mattheo found himself loving Grace's laugh, it was so fitting and cute for her.

"Maybe so"She said softly as she looked at Mattheo, she walked over to him and gave him a kiss on his cheek. Mattheo was caught off guard as he looked at Grace after she pulled away, "W-What was that?"He asked touching his cheek.

"A thank you gift"She spoke softly as she started walking off, "Goodnight Mattheo"Grace said. "G-Goodnight Grace"Mattheo said still in shock. He sat their holding his cheek before he realized what Grace did, he smiled as he leaned his back. "you got me grace diggory"He said softly before drifting off to sleep.