Chapter Twenty

"If I knew this is what was going to happen, I would have given him his last hug before...he..."

It was the final challenge of the Triwizard Cup, and everyone was excited. Grace and Cedric's parents both came just to watch the games, everyone was piling into the stands as they saw the huge maze in front of them. Grace walked in with Harry and his friends, "Grace!" Someone called for her.

She looks up and sees the Slytherin group wanting her to come stand with them, She holds up her pointer finger wanting them to wait as she sees her brother and the other challengers waiting. Grace walked over to Cedric who was talking to their parents, "There's our daughter" Their father said as their mother smiled.

"You ready to become a winner?" Grace asked her brother who chuckled and nodded, "We will be in the stands in the front when you win" Their mother said as their parents walked off. Cedric and Grace watch before looking at each other, "Good luck Cedric, I do hope you win" She said with a smile.

Cedric nods with a smile as well, "Yeah, and we'll celebrate my win together!" Cedric said making the girl giggle and nod. "I'll see you when you finish" Grace said as Cedric nodded as the girl walked back up to the stands oblivious to what was going to happen.

While that exchange happened the Slytherin group glanced towards the back of the stands where Mattheo's eldest brother, Tom stood quietly watching Harry Potter. Mattheo looks away first as he watches Grace walk up the stands.

She walked over to her parents first before walking towards them, Enzo looked over and saw Grace as he waved to her. The blonde waved back as she walked over to them, "Remind me to say hi to your parents when Cedric wins" Enzo said making Grace giggle as she stood in between Mattheo and Enzo. 

Soon enough the crowd settled down and they were getting ready for the race, the competitors would stand at their entrance and run in going through the maze until they got to the cup. Once they got to the cup they would touch it and it would transport the person back to the start and become the winner of the Triwizard Cup. 

Grace watched as Cedric walked to his spot, the siblings locked eyes as Grace gave Cedric a thumbs up wishing him good luck. Soon enough the signal went off and the competitors ran in, "I hope this doesn't take so long, so we can go back to the dorms and chill" Theo said making Pansy roll her eyes.

The music played as the students waited patiently for something to happen. Grace bit her lip waiting making Mattheo notice, "You wanna bet who will win?" Mattheo whispered to Grace to get her mind off everything. Grace looked at Mattheo, "You would bet Harry is going to beat Cedric?" Grace asked making the boy laugh.

"God no, Krum is definitely going to win" Mattheo says making the girl roll her eyes. "Okay, sure. and when Cedric wins you got to go to class for the whole next year" Grace said making Mattheo groan before smiling, "And if I win, you have to go on another date with me" The boy said with a smile. Grace blushes, surprised at Mattheo's response.

She giggles and then nods, "It's a deal" She said as she held out her hand. Mattheo smiles takes her hand and pulls her closer before intertwining his fingers with hers. "It's a date" He said confidently as Grace blushed smiling, only to be interrupted by a red beam shooting up into the sky.

Grace noticed as she saw the headmasters scrambling a bit before staff members disappeared, "Woah...did something happen?" Blaise asked as they appeared back with Fleur looking disheveled, Grace furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at the maze.

People began to whisper as Grace waited, still holding Mattheo's hand a little bit tighter this time, worried. Mattheo noticed and used his other hand to rub her hand, as he waited. He looked back at Tom who was watching quietly, with a small smirk on his face.

"crap..." Mattheo thought as he looked at the wall then Grace. It was a long wait, it felt like forever to many people, but it was also the so exciting to wait for the winner. It was a long wait when suddenly two people appeared with the cup, the music went off. However, for Grace everything suddenly went into slow motion as everything unfolded.

Grace was about to start cheering before noticing Harry was crying, holding onto someone. All Grace saw was the yellow jersey before everything around her crashed, she slowly let go off Mattheo's hand as she stepped back.

This caught the attention of her friends, they tried calling out to her but she couldn't hear them. She walked towards the stairs to catch a better look, and it was then she saw Cedric's face, discolored and lifeless. 

The blonde rushed down to the field sloppily, her breath staggered and shallow. "no...no...no no no" The young girl thought as the staff looked at Grace. Harry looked up at Grace, "Grace...." Harry said as she fell to the ground.

It wasn't till she heard the sounds of her fathers screams that she snapped out of it. She looked at Cedric's body, it was lifeless. "No no no! No Cedric" Grace said as she moved closer to her body, her mother tried holding her back but it was no use.

"Cedric! Cedric wake up! Wake up! Stop playing with me!" Grace repeated, everyone was heartbroken watching the young Diggory daughter shook the lifeless body of Cedric. "This isn't funny Cedric! Get up! You won! You said we would celebrate" The blonde said not realizing that tears were streaming down her face.

"Grace dear..."Her mother tried to say, but it was too late. It finally hit Grace that Cedric wasn't alive, "No..."Grace said quietly before her silent tears turned into an outburst of cries and sobs as she placed her face on Cedric's lifeless chest crying.

It was absolutely silent with only Grace's cries filling the air, it wasn't long before she felt someone pull her off Cedric's body. She was about to protest but she felt the person bring them into their arms, she cried smelling Mattheo's cologne. Grace cried harder and harder as Enzo took the liberty into his own hands to cover Grace from the professors taking Cedric's body away and talking to her parents.

Mattheo rubbed Grace's back as she sobbed his chest, Mattheo looked back at his brother once more who just watched before walking away without showing any form of emotion.