Chapter Eleven

"I don't know what to say to Mattheo...A part of me wants to let him wait, but the other part of me knows I shouldn't"

Grace was hanging out with her brother and his friends one afternoon, it was the day before the first game of the Triwizard Cup. She had noticed all these 'Potter Stinks' buttons and she hated the idea, it was probably Draco who made them honestly. 

Cedric, being the good big brother and friend, told people not to wear them but to no avail, they didn't listen. Grace listened to them when suddenly Harry came up to the group of Hufflepuffs. "Can I speak to you?"Harry asked her brother, Cedric got up and nodded before walking off.

This allowed Grace to get up, once she did she saw Mattheo walking by, and behind him were many heartbroken girls. "God...he can't be serious"Grace thought as she walked over to Mattheo and grabbed his arm pulling him to the corner of the common area.

"Hello to you too" He said before going to light his cigarette, "Were you serious about leaving the door open for me to go to the dance with you?"Grace asked making Mattheo look up at her, "Yeah, why?"He asked putting the cigarette in between his fingers as he blows the smoke away.

"Because I don't want you to, you are leaving a string of perfectly good students who want to go with you"Grace said making Mattheo roll his eyes. "I could care less" He said, Grace crosses her arms. "You are so rude" She said for Mattheo to sigh.

"Listen, I am leaving the door open for you because imagine the two of us going together. How two people who despise each other are going to the Yule Ball together, people would lose their minds" Mattheo said, making Grace raise her eyebrow.

"So it is all a publicity stunt to you?"Grace asked as Mattheo nodded, "Yeah, I am not asking you because I like you"Mattheo lied. He was asking her because he liked her, he just wouldn't admit it yet. "If you say no the day before the Yule Ball I'll let the next girl who asks me to go with me, it's simple" He said making the girl roll her eyes.

"You are disgusting Mattheo, you know that?"She asked making Mattheo chuckle, "I don't care" He said. Grace frowns, a part of her was kind of hurt. She honestly thought Mattheo liked her, and if he did it would've opened her eyes into actually wanting to take the chance.

However, if Mattheo was going to act like that. She wasn't going to push, She starts walking away giving Mattheo the chance to hit his head. "God...She probably hates me again" He said quietly, he looks over to see a crowd around Draco and Harry.

Grace was watching when a professor turns Draco into a ferret. Grace was laughing, making Mattheo watch her. He sighs when Lorenzo walked over to him. "Honestly, I don't know why you don't just tell her you like her" Enzo said making Mattheo look at him.

"I don't like her" "Mattheo, you do"Enzo said with a serious look on his face, "You wouldn't deny every girl to the Yule Ball without playing some sort of game with them, I got a date before you did"Enzo said making Mattheo roll his eyes.

"Shoving it in my face" Mattheo said looking away, finding his gaze back over to Grace who was talking with Harry Potter which made Mattheo mad suddenly. "You hate every guy Grace talks to, and you punch a guy for her. When are you going to admit you have some feelings for her"Enzo asked.

"I don't. She is just someone that...I find interesting, but that doesn't mean I like her" Mattheo said, "and when Harry Potter asks Grace to the dance? What are you gonna do?"Enzo asked making Mattheo turn his head to Lorenzo.

"What do you mean Harry Potter is going to ask her to the dance?"Mattheo asked, "I heard Luna and Hermione talking to Harry about it, he wanted to ask Cho Chang but she denied him and is going with Cedric, so he wants to ask Grace because he thinks she would be a good partner" Enzo said.

Mattheo looks over at Grace still seeing them talking, when he noticed Harry scratching the back of his neck. "Like hell, he isn't"Mattheo said throwing his cigarette on the floor and storming over to Grace. Harry was about to say something to Grace, but Mattheo grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him.

"I lied, I would like you to come to the Yule ball with me"Mattheo said making the girl confused, "You said you--" "I lied, I want to go to the ball with you. Please"He said calmly, Grace looked at Mattheo, his eyes showed no faulty lies or tricks. He was being sincere. This just made Grace more confused about her relationship with Mattheo.

She pulls away from him, "I need to think about this..."She said softly before walking away to go back to her dorm. Mattheo glared at Potter before grabbing his collar, "Don't you dare ask her to the ball, got it?"Mattheo said, Harry furrows his eyebrows but nods not wanting to cause trouble.

Mattheo drops his collar as he walks off grumbling as Lorenzo smiles following him, knowing that he got Mattheo to show some sort of feelings to Grace.