Chapter Twenty Three

"I wonder what could have been..."

After a very emotional burial, the Diggory family invited all the family and friends to their house to grieve together. To Grace's surprise, Mattheo, Theo, and Enzo were the only two who showed up. "The rest thought it would have been awkward to show up" Enzo told Grace, which was true but it was mainly Draco who chose to not come and Pansy and Blaise agreed not to go out of respect for Draco.

"It's alright, Thank you for coming" Grace said smiling a bit. "I'm sorry for your loss Grace" Theo said hugging the blonde. Grace was a little surprised since Theo didn't seem like the person to hug, but she hugged him back taking it. 

Mattheo watched as they let go, "Let's go pay our respects to Grace's parents" Enzo told Theo who nodded, Grace looked down not used to hearing just her name, it was always "Grace and Cedric". The two boys walk away leaving Mattheo with Grace, the boy looks at the blonde before taking her hand carefully. 

Grace looked up at him, "Do you want to talk?" He asked as she nodded slightly, her eyes brimming with tears. Mattheo nods as Grace pulls Mattheo upstairs to her room, the two sit on her bed. Mattheo got the chance to look around Grace's room, he smiled a bit seeing her old room. 

Grace looked at Mattheo and smiled seeing him look around, "Mattheo" She said catching the boy's attention. "Thank you for coming, I thought you wouldn't show up" The blonde said making him nod, "No worries, Enzo and I promised you we would" Mattheo said.

"I know it just seems...out of your element to come especially with Draco who doesn't like Harry" Grace says making Mattheo chuckle, "yeah~ he was the hard one to convince" Mattheo said making the girl giggle a little bit.

Mattheo smiles hearing Grace laugh, even if it was for a short moment. The two made small chat, Mattheo doing his best to keep Grace's mind off of the recent passing. He knew it wouldn't last for long, but he tried.

"So...I know it's not nice to ask but...what dream are you going to achieve for your brother?" Mattheo asked making Grace bite her bottom lip, "I don't know yet, Maybe I try out for quidditch..." She says shrugging. She looked at her hands, "But I know once something rises to the opportunity, I will know if Cedric would've followed" the girl added as she started remembering all the memories she had with her brother.

She bit her bottom lip feeling like she was going to cry again, Mattheo noticed as he scooted closer to Grace and pulled her into his arms. "It's okay...you can cry" Mattheo said quietly. Grace covered her face with Mattheo's shoulder as she cried softly while Mattheo held her, rubbing her back.

The two stayed in that position for a while. Grace's parents were going to get her since some people were wondering where she was, but they stopped at her door seeing Mattheo hugging Grace while she cried. Her father was about to cut in, since he was one of those people suspicious of Mattheo but his wife stopped him.

"Let him, he is the one of the only people she is allowing to comfort her and it working. maybe he is all she needs right now" Grace's mother says as the two leave the two alone to let Grace grieve while Mattheo calms her down, letting her grieve.

a/n: sorry for the really short chapter, I really just wanted this chapter to have Mattheo comforting Grace. Next chapter will be longer though :)