Chapter Seventeen

"So this is it, The Yule Ball"

It was time for the event of the year, The Yule Ball. It was a couple of hours before the event but most of the girls were getting ready. Grace, Hermione, and Luna were those girls who started hours before. "You haven't decided on a dress yet, Grace?" Luna asked as Grace shook her head.

"Mattheo and I never discussed what to wear" Grace said softly looking through her dresses, her hair and makeup were already finished it was just the dress she was missing. "I still can't believe you are going to the Yule Ball with Mattheo" Hermione says. "Honestly, it is no surprise to me. He has been all over Grace since the beginning of the year" Luna said making Grace nod.

Someone knocks on the door, Hermione gets up and opens the door to see Theodore Nott. "What do you want Theodore?" Hermione asked making the Hufflepuff girl look back, Theo smiles holding out a box. "Mattheo wanted to give this to Grace, but he wants her whole look to be a surprise for him" Theo said making the girl smile.

"Charming yet mysterious at the same time" Grace said as she walked over to Theo and took the box. "How does he even know this will fit me?" Grace asked, "There's a spell on it, once you put it on it will fit your size. Mattheo found the spell just in case it didn't fit" Theo said making the girl blush.

"How charming, tell him I said I will see him at the stairs to the great hall" Grace said as Theo nods chuckling before leaving. Grace closed the door and placed the box on the bed, "How kind of him" Luna said, "Surprisingly kind" Hermione said as Grace opened the box.

Inside was a note on top of the paper covering the dress, Grace opened the note. "I know we didn't get to talk about what you would wear, so I took matters into my own hands. I hope you like it, love Mattheo" Grace said reading off the note before taking the paper off.

She gasped seeing this beautiful white sparkly gown, with a slit on the side. Grace showed the girls who were astonished, "For a boy who wears dark colors, that is beautiful!" Hermione said as Luna nods. 

"You must wear that, try it on" Luna said making Grace nod as she puts on the dress. The dress was slightly loose in the beginning, but almost shrank fitting every curve of her body. She turned around showing the girls, "Oh my goodness Grace, if I was a boy I would date you" Hermione said making Grace smile.

"Mattheo knows you well, you look amazing Grace" Luna said making Grace happy. "Okay~ enough about me though, let's dress you two up!" Grace said happily as she helps Hermione and Luna get ready.

Soon nightfall came and the Yule Ball was beginning. Mattheo and his friends were waiting at the bottom of the stairs for Grace, while Harry and Ron stood there waiting for Hermione. It wasn't long till the three girls emerged from the wall behind, catching the eyes of everyone. 

The girls walked down the stairs, once Hermione got down she said goodbye to Grace and Luna. "Luna you never told me who your date was"Grace asked as Lorenzo walked over to them, "I believe that is my cue to come in" Enzo said holding his arm out to Luna.

Grace stared in awe, "Do not worry Grace, we are only going as friends" Luna said softly making the other blonde smile. "I wasn't worried at all" Grace said smiling, "We will see you inside" Enzo said making the girl nod as she watched them leave.

Suddenly a pair of hands snuck onto her waist, turning her around. Grace was greeted by Mattheo's eyes and smiles, he was dressed in an all-black suit. "Very fitting for you" Grace said softly making Mattheo chuckle, "You look even more gorgeous than I ever imagine" He spoke softly, his voice catching Grace off guard.

She blushed smiling, before looking down. "it's beautiful Mattheo" She said as Mattheo nods. "I am glad you like it, now let me show you a good time" He said seductively as he guides Grace inside. Many different guys stared at Grace, making their partners mad but Mattheo could care less, he was happy.

Grace smiled looking at Mattheo as they stood and waited. Mattheo keep her eyes off her, his hold on her waist was strong and tight, but in a comfortable way like he was never going to let go of her. Grace noticed this, and somehow she liked it a lot. She rests her head on Mattheo's shoulder with a smile on her face.

"Do you think they will end up together by tonight?" Luna asked Lorenzo only a couple of feet away from Grace. Lorenzo looked up at them, he smiled seeing how comfortable Grace had gotten. "I hope so, Grace seems happy" Enzo said. "They look cute together, you aren't mad?" Luna asked again as Enzo shook his head. "I trust him" He said quietly.

Soon the ball began with the champions dancing with their partners before everyone finally got to dance. Mattheo did not hesitate to pull Grace only to the dance floor as they danced, catching the eyes of every student in the building. "Everyone is staring" Grace said looking around, Mattheo smiled taking her chin and making her face him. 

"Just focus on me sweetheart~" Mattheo said making the girl blush and nod as they kept dancing. The whole night was so much fun and so much dancing, it was one of the best nights Grace ever had. She even got closer to Lorenzo and Mattheo's friend group, finally closing that hatred between them.

It was weird at first but soon enough Grace finally entered the circle of Slytherin's friend group, which was the surprise of them all of the night. Grace and Pansy somehow got close and they got to have fun together while the boys would just watch. 

The night ended off with Mattheo and Grace dancing together in a semi-empty ballroom, everyone was getting ready for the after-party. Grace's arms were wrapped around Mattheo's neck while his hands were on her hips, as they swayed to the light music playing.

"I have never been this happy in my life..." Grace spoke softly, "I am glad I made you happy" Mattheo said softly as he spun the girl carefully. "It was an amazing night" She said staring into his eyes causing Mattheo to raise an eyebrow.

"Who said the night was over, we still have an after-party to get to and I still have another gift for you at my dorm" Mattheo told Grace quietly making the girl raise her eyebrow. "What is it?" She asked, Mattheo smirked. "You ready to go?" He asked dipping the girl one last time, staring into her blue eyes.

Mattheo was thoroughly enticed by them, Grace smiles seeing the sparkle in Mattheo's eyes before she nodded. "I'm ready" She spoke in a soft voice before being pulled back up by Mattheo as he leads her out of the great hall, to the Slytherin common room.

A/N: for the visual learners, here is Grace's dress for reference.