Chapter Sixteen

A/n: Switching the Yule ball and Black Lake challenge timeline, bc I thought the Yule ball was after the second challenge and I don't want to restart writing haha. 

"I wonder where Hermione is? I haven't seen her all day yesterday"

Grace sat at the Hufflepuff table, it has been a couple of days since Mattheo asked her to the Yule Ball, and these past couple of days he has been glued to her hip, hanging out with her. She sat at the table eating when someone sat next to her, "Hello Mattheo" She spoke softly before looking up at him.

He had a goofy little smile on his face causing the girl to giggle, "Why are you so happy today?" She asked as the boy shrugged. "Just cause you're letting me sit here again" He said causing the girl to push him lightly with a smile on her face, "You're my date to the Yule Ball, I wouldn't say no to you" Grace said.

"Oh come on you must be happy that I am hanging out with you" Mattheo said with a smile causing the girl to giggle, "Don't push it Mattheo" Grace said only for Mattheo to straighten up and nod. He began to eat with her as they talked normally, "You excited for the next challenge?" Mattheo asked as Grace shrugs. "I would be but I haven't seen Hermione anywhere" Grace said.

Mattheo frowns, "I'm sure she is just helping Potter" Mattheo reassured her, Grace nods a bit letting it go. She looks at Mattheo who just seemed happy to be eating with someone, "I'm surprised you don't want to sit at your table" Grace said making Mattheo look up.

"yeah, I just thought it's nicer sitting over here" Mattheo said making Grace smile, "That's good" She said softly as she began eating again. The two of them continued to talk throughout the time in the Great Hall about classes, sports, parties, and other small things, very surface-level type things.

Mattheo knew deep down if he wanted a long-lasting relationship with Grace he would have to open up more, but he wasn't sure how far to go. Knowing what is going to happen soon, he didn't think telling Grace anything about his family was the right move.

"Mattheo, we should go soon. The next challenge is soon" Grace's voice halted his thought as he looked up watching her get up, "Okay" He said quietly as he followed her actions. The two of them walked, and every once in a while, another male student would stare at Grace.

This caused Mattheo to glare at them and growl, "Oh you're such a dog" Grace said as she walked next to Mattheo. Mattheo looked at Grace, "people are just staring" Mattheo said making the girl smile. "Let them, they aren't the ones walking with me" Grace said making Mattheo blush a bit before chuckling as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"You're right" He said as they got to the dock where the boats were, Right behind them was Mattheo's friend group. "I can't believe this" Pansy said crossing her arms, "Don't but I am glad Mattheo has someone to pull on that imaginary leash to control him" Enzo said as he walks to the boat Grace and Mattheo were on.

He got in before the boat left, Enzo and Grace talked while Mattheo stared at the sea while his arm was around Grace's waist. "He is so getting a girlfriend" Theo said as the rest of them got into another boat. 

Once the boat got to the towers Mattheo got out to help Grace, then helped Lorenzo who laughed seeing Mattheo being so kind. Mattheo rolls his eyes as the three of them go to the railings, it was a cold day. Grace looked around as the announcements began.

Once the students were ready they all dived in, Grace watched seeing Harry flop in more than dive. "Jeez...He is seriously not ready" Mattheo said making Lorenzo nod a bit, "it must be so cold" Grace thought as she waited patiently for someone to come up from the water.

As everyone waited suddenly the announcements go off, "The champion of Beaubaxton has been pulled out and forced to retire, no longer taking part in the task" The person said making Grace furrow her eyebrows. "Forced? Then where is she?" Grace said looking for Fleur, the two boys glance at each other but stay quiet.

After a while Cedric was the first to come up with Cho, Grace groans. "Of course, Cho is the one the staff choose over his sister" Grace said crossing her arms, Enzo chuckled. "Would you want to be underwater in a coma for more than an hour?" Enzo asked making the girl realize what happened before shaking her head. 

The second person to come up was Krum who came up with Hermione, "Oh my god!" Grace said seeing her friend. She rushed down to go to her friend, and the two boys followed behind her. Krum and Hermione come up, "Hermione what happened?" Grace asked as the girl got wrapped in towels. 

"I don't know the last thing I remember was Ron and I were asked to go to Dumbledore and we ended up down there" Hermione says, "Ron? but Fleur got pulled out, so there are two people still down there with Harry?" Grace asked making Hermione nod.

Grace rushed to the edge looking around, "The hour is almost up, where is he?"Grace asked herself as she watched. Lorenzo asked if Hermione was okay, while Mattheo stood there watching. Soon enough the hour was finished, and at that moment Ron and Fleur's sister came up. 

Grace saw Ron, "Ron!" Grace yelled causing the redhead to look at her, "Where's Harry?" The girl asked. "He might still be down there" Ron said making the girl's eyes go wide, she gets to the ledge. No matter what Harry used or took before the challenge being down there for an hour wasn't good.

Before she could try her brother snagged her away, "No! I get it he is your best friend but you aren't going to be a hero. It's freezing cold" Cedric said, and before Grace could protest Harry emerged from the water coughing. 

People rushed to get him towels, making Grace sigh in relief as she walks over to make sure Harry was okay. In the end, after judging, Cedric won first place and due to Harry's heroic actions, it landed him in second place.

Everyone cheered, meaning that Hogwarts was going to have a fun party tonight!