Chapter Twenty Five

"Who knew Mattheo Riddle was such a romantic"

Mattheo and Grace apparated to a lake near the town, it was secluded but comforting. Grace smiled happily taking a deep breath of the cool air, Mattheo watched the young blonde before smiling. "I hope this is alright, I thought we could chill here, maybe eat a little" Mattheo said guiding the girl closer to the lake. 

Before Grace could ask any questions she was guided to a tiny little picnic area, She giggled slightly before looking at Mattheo. "Did you plan this all out by yourself Mattheo?" She asked making the boy chuckle, Mattheo scratched the back of his neck slightly. 

"I wish, I got a little bit of help from Pansy, she ranted to me all the things a girl would want on a date" Mattheo said carefully as they got to the picnic blanket. "Well, you better thank her next time you see her 'cause it's working" Grace said as she sat down on the blanket, The boy smiled happily before sitting next to her.

"I'm glad, I wanted to do something nice for you since you and your family have been very welcoming to me" Mattheo said as he got out their food, Grace raised her eyebrow a little bit surprised by what Mattheo said, but she nodded a bit after. "Of course Mattheo, you have been helping my family. It means a lot to me" Grace said placing her hand on Mattheo's arm.

The boy looked at Grace and smiled, flexing his arm ever so slightly to impress the blonde. "I have all your favorites, I learned all the recipes from your family," Mattheo said once again making Grace surprised, smiling a bit at the effort Mattheo was putting in.

"Mattheo, why are you putting in so much effort? You didn't have to" Grace said as she took some of the food. The boy looked at Grace before looking away, "I know our relationship has been weird this past year. You hated me, I hated you, we both never saw eye to eye until I said something" Mattheo started off causing the girl to look at him. 

"And everything with your brother made it hard to see you because you were upset and I knew I shouldn't bother you...I guess I want to make up for lost time" He added after, looking out at the lake. Mattheo had a hard time explaining his feelings, he still wasn't sure what he wanted from this date.

All he knew was that when he was with Grace he was in a much happier state compared to when he was with his family. Mattheo wanted just Grace, she was the only person who made Mattheo feel this type of way, but he wasn't sure how to convey it properly.  However, he was willing to try now.

"I just...I've never felt this way towards any girl, no girl has made me feel so...alive like how you do" Mattheo said, Grace's heart skipped a beat hearing this as she blushed slightly. The silence made Mattheo chuckle nervously as he looked down, "It's silly...I know" He mumbled sadly.

Grace noticed his tone as she put down her food and moved closer to Mattheo, She carefully took his hand causing the boy to look up at her. "It's beautiful~" Grace said softly making Mattheo blush, he nodded slightly looking away a bit nervous to look at Grace.

The blonde girl smiled as she kissed Mattheo's cheek softly, "If you were trying to ask me to be your girlfriend, I would hope you asked me properly" Grace teased giggling. Mattheo looked at Grace and chuckled rolling his eyes, "Sorry" He said as he faced Grace. 

Mattheo held Grace's hands firmly, processing every word in his head. "I have always admired you from the beginning, and even though you turned me down countless times before. Will you please give me a chance to show you how good of a boyfriend I can be?" Mattheo asked.

Grace smiled softly before nodding, "You could've just asked me to be your girlfriend" Grace once again teased causing Mattheo to groan before the two of them started laughing. Grace looked at Mattheo before pulling him close by his shirt, "I would love to give you a chance though" Grace said making Mattheo smile.

"So...does that mean I can kiss you whenever?" "Whenever" "So...Now is one of those moments" "Just kiss me Mattheo", with that the two kissed for the very first time as an official couple. Mattheo smiled pulling the blonde close, wrapping his arms around her waist while Grace wrapped her arms around Mattheo's neck.

The two kissed for a while before pulling away, Mattheo rested his forehead against Grace's admiring her. "Don't go too soft Mattheo~" Grace said making Mattheo roll his eyes, "I won't, but only for you I will" He said as the two of them enjoyed the rest of their day at the lake together.