Chapter Four

"While in the mix of studying and excitement on the Triwizard Cup, I decided to focus more on my friends than all that craziness"

Grace walked into Hogsmeade with Luna, they were going to meet up with Lorenzo to chat for a bit and to get away from the crowds of different students at Hogwarts. "Thank you for inviting me on your date Grace" Luna spoke softly, "This isn't a date Luna, I told you it's just us hanging out with Lorenzo" Grace said carefully. "Is this your way of hanging out with Lorenzo without having rumors come up about you two?"The blonde asked making the other blonde shake her head.

"Those rumors are dumb, people need to get their eyes checked" Grace said as they walk into the Three Broomsticks. Grace scanned the room before seeing Lorenzo, she was about to wave to him when she saw Mattheo sit next to him. "Oh gosh, why does he always butt in"Grace whined.

Luna looked over to see Mattheo, she could also see Lorenzo wasn't too happy about Mattheo also being there. "Lorenzo sure wasn't planning on Mattheo Riddle coming"Luna said making Grace nod as she walks over to the table, "I am sure he wasn't"Grace said as the two of them walked over to the table.

"Mattheo...I am surprised you are here"Grace said making the two boys look up, "Hi Grace, Hi Luna" Lorenzo said before Mattheo smiles. "I just came here to get out of the cold and saw Lorenzo just sitting here alone so I decided to join him"Mattheo lied, Grace and Lorenzo both knew that.

"That is very kind" Luna said softly before the girl sat down, "Do you girls want anything? We already ordered but I can add your drinks" Mattheo said. "I will-" "Please! Two warm butterbeer and pastries"Grace said making Mattheo nod and run off to go get their stuff.

"You do not want him here, Grace?" Luna asked making the other girl shake her head. "How hard is it just to spend time with my two best friends?"Grace asked making the two laugh slightly. "Sorry, he did just show up. I don't think it was to get out of the cold though" Lorenzo said making Grace sigh.

"It doesn't hurt to just get to know him though Grace" Luna said patting her back slightly, "I know"The other girl whined as Lorenzo chuckled. "Don't worry, just don't give in to his flirting" Lorenzo said as the boy comes back.

"What did I miss?"Mattheo asked as he sat by Lorenzo who was across from Grace. "I was just telling Luna and Grace about the party that Slytherin is going to throw to welcome back the students" Lorenzo said making the two girls confused.

"Oh yeah, Some of our Quidditch Slytherin team is throwing an invite-only party to welcome students back"Mattheo said, "So presumably it's all Slytherin students and students from Durmstrung and Beaubaxton?"Grace asked raising an eyebrow.

"Mostly, but if we wanted to invite anyone we could"Mattheo added, "Yeah~ I was just about to invite them. You think it would be okay?"Enzo asked Mattheo, who nods quickly. "Yeah I can put both of you on the list"Mattheo said. "You're on the quidditch team?"Grace asked.

"No Mattheo is suspended due to aggressive behavior on his first game" Luna said, Mattheo frowns and looks away. "Oh...I see"Grace said carefully. "I will pass though, I would rather tend to the mystical creatures" Luna said making Grace look at her, "What? No come with me"Grace said.

Grace didn't like the idea of being alone in a Slytherin party, "You should go though, it will be the first thing you do coming back from your break" Luna said placing her hand on Grace's shoulder. "Yeah, and you'll be with me"Enzo reassured Grace who just sighed.

"I guess.."She said quietly as the food and drinks came and they indulged in their food and talked for hours about the most random things. This helped Mattheo learn more about Grace, and to open up to Grace to some of his interests.

After those couple of hours, the girls were walking in the hallways, "I can't believe you made me agree to go to their stupid party Luna, I would've thought you would want me to stay in so we can steal snacks from the Hufflepuff snack stash" Grace said.

"As much as that would be very fun, I know how much you said that you wanted to be a new version of yourself. More carefree and fun, so as much as it is fun for us. You should do fun things like parties" Luna said making Grace smile.

"Thanks, Luna, for looking out for me"Grace said as they got to the Hufflepuff common rooms, "Of course Grace, I wouldn't be your best friend for nothing" Luna said. The two blonde girls hugged before going into the Hufflepuff common room to enjoy the rest of their day together.