Twenty One

San stood there stunned for a moment.

What was he supposed to say?

"You're awake..." he laughed awkwardly, hoping and praying Wooyoung didn't hear him on the phone.

"Who was that?"

"Uhm...work, it was work...I told them I need a few days off."

Wooyoung just nodded slowly, keeping his eyes on San. "You really don't need to...I know how important work is to you."

San mentally let out a heavy sigh of relief when his boyfriend didn't ask any more questions. "What are you saying baby? Nothing is more important than you."

Wooyoung looked up at the other, almost not believing him because of the amount of times San had let him down for work. "They won't fire you, right?"

"Of course not, the company needs me too much. Come on let's go back inside and do something together if you can't sleep." He took his boyfriend's hand and pulled him inside.

"Something like what?"

"Whatever would help you feel better."

"I don't know..." Wooyoung looked down as they sat on the couch. "I don't think I can do anything right now, I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize baby, I completely understand, you don't have to force yourself to do anything, okay?"

"Thank you for being so understanding...I really need it right now..."

"Of course baby...it's the least I can be for you at this time...I love you so much."

Wooyoung looked down, playing with the hem of his sweater. "How come you missed my birthday if you love me so much?"

He couldn't help himself but feel angry at San for missing his birthday on that day specifically.

Then all of this wouldn't have happened.

They would have just celebrated together at home.

San gulped, adjusting his sitting position. "I'm so sorry baby-"

"Don't." Wooyoung shook his head. "Don't apologize, just answer."

With a heavy sigh, San threw his head back against the couch. "I don't know what to tell you..."

"That work is actually your priority and not me."

"Woo, please, how many times have we been over this? Of course you're my main priority, but I don't want to get fired because I don't want us to live on the streets and starve!"

"It was the second birthday you missed."

"Honey, please-"

"If you just showed up..." Wooyoung's eyes filled with tears as he choked up on his words. "I wouldn't have left the house...I wouldn't be here looking like this, scared to even fall asleep..."

Oh if only you knew the truth...

San's eyes widened. "I-I didn't mean to...If I had known.. I...."

"I don't want to blame you...it's no one's fault..." Wooyoung turned to make eye contact. "When I told you on the phone we couldn't be together anymore...I meant it at the time...I was tired of always feeling unimportant to you, tired of trying to convince myself that you care...but I had plenty of time to rethink that decision back there...and I..." he laughed bitterly. "I was ready to give them anything...anything just to see you again." He sighed. "I love you too much San...too much for my own good."

San could only stare blankly at his boyfriend and his words. "And I don't deserve you...right?" he nodded slowly. "I may have not been the best boyfriend for you...but I love you more than anyone, Woo...you're my everything, you're all I have, all I've had after I lost my family...I can't live without you, I can't do anything without you-"

"You seemed to be doing just fine without me though..."

"No! No, you don't realize how worried I was! The fact that you wanted to break up with me alone made me go crazy! I wasn't fine without you, I was far from fine."

Wooyoung took a deep breath, curling into his boyfriend's side. "I just felt so alone there...it felt like no one was looking for me...no one missed me...I doubted you even noticed I was kidnapped..." he sniffled. "I need a lot of time to recover from what happened...you might have to put up with that..."

"I'll be with you through everything, I'll be by your side...just please...please don't leave me..." San hugged him tightly, closing his eyes.

Please don't leave me even after you find out who I truly am and what I've done to you...

"I want to give us a second chance...just because I have faith that what happened taught you a lesson to not take me for granted."

"And I promise I will not disappoint you, I will do my absolute best."

Wooyoung wiped his tears, smiling a little to change the mood. "Can we watch some tv?"

The two watched television in peace, letting the moving pictures take their minds off their tense situation and reality.

San didn't know if he could keep up his lie without just blurting out the truth to get the weight off his chest.

But with that truth ends what he has with the love of his life.

Wooyoung eventually fell asleep on San's shoulder, his body too exhausted to keep him up any longer.

San laid his head on his boyfriend's, finding his tears running down his cheeks uncontrollably.

When did he become so cruel?

To hurt an angel like Wooyoung.

To fool him like that.

Instead of protecting him, he put him in the most dangerous situation.

And on top of all of that, he failed even as a boyfriend, to just be there for his lover.

Life was so much better before he got into the world of crime.

His boyfriend still being in his arms and giving him a second chance was enough of a wake up call for him to decide to quit that whole thing.

Go back to his old life, care free.

He wiped his tears and gently kissed the other's head. "I love you so much..." he whispered, smiling a little to himself.

It was a quiet moment until their doorbell rang, making the younger jolt awake, looking around him with wide eyes.

"Calm down baby, calm down...it's just the door." San assured him. "Stay right here, I'll get it."

San headed to the door, but Wooyoung couldn't stay still and followed behind him.

Opening the door, there was their friend, Seonghwa.

"Hi~"

"Hi hyung, come in..." San offered.

"No thanks, I was just driving by and thought I'd say hi...woah Woo...what happened to your face?"

Wooyoung's face fell, giving his boyfriend a questioning look.

How come their closest friend doesn't know he went missing?

*****************************
A/N: woo bby you need to watch your man he's sus🤨