Twenty Six

There was a moment of silence before San could speak.

"What did you say?"

"Invite them. Over!"

"Do you even realize what you're asking for?!"

"Yeah, I do realize, and I'm sure it's what I want." Wooyoung raised an eyebrow at the other.

"No! It's stupid to bring them over! They'll know you're my boyfriend, they'll know where you live and they'll know where I live!"

"And why is that a problem?!"

"They're criminals!"

"Exactly!" Wooyoung shot up again. "You asked for a second chance, and this is it, you either do what I tell you, or we go our separate ways."

San stared up at the other with wide eyes, not knowing what to say or do anymore.

But he knew one thing.

He was ready to take whatever risk as long as Wooyoung stays.

And whatever happens, he'll be here to protect him anyway.

"Alright, fine, I'll do whatever you want."

Wooyoung took a deep breath and nodded. "Today."

San nodded back, grabbing his phone to text them. "Okay, today."

"Good...I'm going back to the bedroom." Wooyoung muttered and turned to leave.

"Wait!...please don't just isolate yourself...we can talk this out."

"I don't want to talk to you at all San."

"I know you have questions..."

Wooyoung kept his back to the other as he fought back his tears, not wanting to show how weak he was in that moment.

Of course he had questions, a thousand ones.

"I'll answer whatever you want me to...just please...don't stay quiet."

Wooyoung stayed quiet for a moment before deciding to really ask his curious questions.

"Your job at the company..."

"It's a lie, well...part of it...I used to work there, but not anymore...that's why I have the badge."

Wooyoung turned around and sat back down. "What about the time I went there to surprise you? You didn't know I was coming, but you were there."

San shook his head. "It wasn't a surprise."

"What...?"

"I knew you were going there, so I beat you to it."

Wooyoung's eyebrows furrowed in thought. "You've been tracking me...?"

San swallowed thickly, his eyes avoiding the other. "I had to do it for your safety."

"Are you fucking serious?!"

San saw the other's tears start flowing again, and it broke his heart, but he didn't know what to do.

He couldn't comfort him like always.

"I promise it was to protect you from my enemies! I had to always know where you are!"

"You're unbelievable! I don't know how I've been so oblivious for five years!"

"Just calm down please!"