Twenty Eight

San felt his body get cold and his heart clenched like it broke in half.

"What..?"

"I can't be with you anymore...you're not the same person I fell in love with."

"I was...I was just yesterday!"

"Before I knew any of this...now I can't look at you the same way ever again..."

"But...but...you told me to invite them over and then you'd forgive me..."

"You really think it's that simple? San...you don't even realize how big of a trouble you're in."

"I do...I swear I do..." San's tears started spilling uncontrollably as he tried to step closer to the other. "I just want you to forgive me..."

"I can't forgive you." Wooyoung took a step back, for a moment, feeling emotionally stronger than San.

"But why?!"

The louder, slightly aggressive tone made the younger take another step back, almost scared of him.

Almost.

"I don't feel safe around you anymore..."

San's tear filled eyes widened. "But...I would never hurt you...you know that..."

"I do...I admit that I know you wouldn't hurt me...but I can't help but think of what you've done for the past five years." Wooyoung swallowed thickly, moving his gaze to the floor. "And I can't forget that you kept me hostage for so long...you put me in danger."

San fell to the ground onto his knees, feeling all the power and energy in his body zeroed, unable to keep him standing.

He couldn't even speak, just crying into his hands.

"San..." Wooyoung's heart ached for the other, but he knew he was doing the right thing. "You shouldn't have done this to us..."

"I-I didn't w-want to I just- I wanted us to l-live comfortably...I didn't know it w-would progress like this..." San tried to best to speak between his shallow breaths, still knowing he had no chance to change his boyfriend's mind.

Wooyoung shook his head. "You have no convincing excuse for what you've become..I'm grateful you saved my brother, but I can't help but think of how many others like me you've traumatized."

"So that's it...?"

It made the younger of the two pause to really think.

Did he want it to be over?

No, absolutely not.

He still loves him.

But he had to let his mind decide and not his heart.

And his mind had one stubborn decision.

"Yes."

He finally answered, using all of his will to prevent himself from crying.

"I'll turn myself in if that would change your mind." San slowly stood up again. "I will."

"You said it yourself. You've left no trace of anything outside that area. They're not gonna arrest you. It's useless."

"I can make it work if that's what you want!"

Wooyoung shook his head. "I don't want you behind bars San, I'd hate that for you because I know the person I fell in love with doesn't belong in jail with criminals...I know deep down you're still a good person."

"Then why...?" San whispered, looking into the other's eyes.

"I can't...I can't look at you and not see the guy with the mask who kept me tied up in his room."

San slowly nodded, finally understanding Wooyoung's point of view.

No one could blame him.

"Alright...if that's what you want."

Wooyoung also nodded. "I'll pack my things and leave then."

"No...you stay here, I'll leave."

"But-"

"It's okay, you have nowhere else to go."

Without waiting for a response, San went into the bedroom, grabbing nothing but a backpack to put a few things in, including clothes.

He took one last look at the bedroom.

Having a vision of all the great memories they shared there.

Eight years.

Three of them in this house.

He remembered how happy Wooyoung was to finally be able to move to an actual house that's spacious enough to start a family in and adopt pets.

Although it was a small house, it made them happy to leave their previous tiny apartment.

It was moments like these that made him continue with his job.

His happiness was always worth it.

Even worth risking his life.

With another sigh, San took his backpack and walked out, stopping to look at his now ex sitting on the couch.

Like he was waiting for him to leave.

"Can I at least get one last hug?" San almost begged, craving to feel that form of comfort and joy one last time.

But it was rejected with a simple apologetic head shake.

It made him stop to stare.

Maybe he deserved to be treated like this.

At least Wooyoung made him believe that.

So he just nodded and quietly walked out.

His steps were so heavy, his heart yearning to turn around and go back.

But this wasn't his home anymore, so he wiped his tears and left.

To nowhere specific, just away.

Somewhere he could finally cry freely in and think about his mistake.

He stayed in a hotel for a few nights. Locked in his room and stuck in his bed.

Like he disappeared and stayed away from the whole world.

Who would be looking for him anyway?

He took a deep breath as he looked out from the window.

The rain was a nice calming view.

"I wonder how he's doing..." he whispered to himself, knowing his ex is probably doing better without him now.

He still cried over him day and night though.

He knew he wasn't going to feel better anytime soon.

When he finally turned on his phone and checked his missed calls.

He found tens of them from his men.

With a sigh, he called Yunho, knowing he wouldn't be asking him about their work.

"Boss, I'm glad to finally hear from you."

"I thought you quit, why have you been calling?"

.

.

.

After that phone call, San gathered his stuff and ran out of the hotel to ride his motorcycle in the rain back home.

His used to be home.

He rushed to knock on the door since he left his copy of the keys with Wooyoung.

He couldn't be trusted with them anymore anyway.

He breathed out when the door finally opened.

But it wasn't the love of his life behind it.

*************************
A/N: I think this story is ending in a few chapters 😢