Twenty Seven

"Uhm...guys, are you sure this is the right address?" Jongho took a look around him, looking visibly confused and concerned.

"Yes, he sent me the location himself." Yeosang cracked his neck, sliding his hands into his pockets. "What are you waiting for? Let's go ring the bell."

"Does anyone have any clue why boss called us all over? And in this location not the hideout?" Mingi raised his eyebrow, leaning back against their car.

Meanwhile Yunho stayed quiet, just simply taking in his surroundings.

"I don't have a good feeling about this." Jongho shook his head. "Yunho hyung, didn't we drop that boy we kidnapped just a couple blocks from here?"

Yunho just nodded, remaining quiet still.

"Do you think he's setting us up?"

As soon as the question was asked, the door opened, making all four boys look towards it with slightly wide interested eyes.

Their boss, surprisingly dressed in sweatpants and a simple tshirt, opened the door fully and invited them inside.

"Why does he look like he hasn't slept in weeks?" Yeosang whispered to Jongho while looking around him.

"And like he's on drugs." Jongho whispered back, then nudging the other to stay quiet before they get caught.

San led them straight to the dining table to be able to have them all in front of him like they would in their hideout meetings.

Everyone took their place as usual, all looking at their boss with confused yet attentive eyes.

"Can you tell us why we're here?"

San cleared his throat, looking down at his hands resting on the table. "It's not really me who you should ask..."

Wooyoung stepped out of the bedroom, his heart racing and body shaking when he saw them.

Even though he couldn't recognize their faces, the feeling of fear in their presence was the same.

He gathered all his courage and took a few steps closer. "It's me."

He walked to stand behind San, still keeping a distance as he made eye contact with every one of them, especially Yunho.

The boys could only stare up at him with wide eyes, almost not wanting to ask.

"I fucking told you he set us up." Mingi muttered, looking at Yunho, and to his surprise, he had no reaction at all.

"Yunho?"

Yunho just shrugged his shoulders. "What? He's boss's boyfriend."

"Excuse me?!"

Everyone, including San looked at Yunho in shock.

Except for Wooyoung, of course.

"How did you even know?!"

"He told me...the night I had to watch him."

San turned to look at his boyfriend with a frown. "What did you tell him?!"

"I was blind in love enough to talk good about you with him, I had no idea who you were."

"Okay...okay....guys...can we please start over? I'm absolutely lost." Yeosang shook his head. "The boy we kidnapped is boss's boyfriend? Since when?"

"Since before he became your boss."

"And...he still kept you hostage...?" Yeosang raised an eyebrow, giving his boss a judgmental look.

It made Wooyoung scoff. "Thanks for understanding, I'm having a hard time making him aware of his mistake."

"Boss why didn't you just tell us? We would have just taken him back." Jongho frowned. "I mocked you and Yunho for treating him like a princess, but now knowing this...you treated him so wrong."

"Because he doesn't trust us, and to be fair, he has a point." Yunho calmly commented. "We're nothing but criminals, as much as I hate to call myself that, I am, we are."

San was quiet the whole time, just keeping his head hanging low as he leaned on the table.

"I still don't understand why we're here."

Wooyoung's head turned to the guy that spoke. "You..." he slowly approached him in his chair. "You're the one that beat me up..."

San's eyes widened as he realized what he was going to do. "Wooyoung-no, he's inju-"

Before he could hold him back, Wooyoung had already punched Mingi in the jaw.

"Mingi!" Yunho ran up from his chair to his boyfriend's side. "Are you okay?"

Mingi just glared up at who used to be at his mercy, touching his lip and finding it to be bleeding. "You've got a strong hit for your weak tiny hands."

San stood in front of Wooyoung in protective manner while looking down at Mingi. "Watch your mouth." He then turned around to the other. "Wooyoung...please stop this..." he whispered to the younger as he found him shaking and sniffling in his spot.

"That...felt good." He looked down at his hand, wondering where he got the sudden strength from.

San sighed. "Let's just let them leave and solve this between us...please."

"No..." Wooyoung shook his head, taking a few steps back. "I'm calling the police...you all should be arrested!" He looked at them with wide eyes, finding absolutely no reaction at all.

He grabbed his phone from his pocket and started pressing the police number, but San gently held his wrist to stop him. "There's no use..."

Wooyoung looked up at him, eyes still wide. "What..?"

"What are you going to tell them? That we kidnapped you?" Yeosang chuckled. "Please, you don't even have proof." He raised an eyebrow at him. "You invited us over to your house...got any good explanation for that?"

Wooyoung's eyes filled with tears again, his hands shakily gripping the phone. "They have to believe me..."

"Baby...the police don't ever go to that area we work in...no one gets arrested there, if they get there, they don't come out." San quietly explained. "They can't really arrest us..." he slowly took his phone from him.

Jongho sighed. "Can we just leave? I don't understand why we're here...it was a mistake and we're sorry, there's not much more we could help you with."

Wooyoung just stood frozen in his spot, watching them stand up and head to the door to leave like they didn't ruin his life.

"Boss..." Yunho stopped, pulling Mingi's hand. "Mingi and I are quitting this whole thing." He shook his head. "I can't bear to hurt another person." He looked at Wooyoung with slightly tearing eyes. "We just traumatized your lover for life...I think it should be enough of a wake up call for you too."

San grabbed Yunho's wrist tightly. "Why didn't you tell me you knew?"

"He didn't have to tell me, it was obvious...because once he was in our building, you suddenly had no life outside until he was released."

San stayed speechless, looking back at his boyfriend, who looked absolutely devastated.

"I think he loves you enough to forgive...you just have to work hard for it."

"Let's stay in contact."

Yunho nodded, taking his boyfriend and following the rest of the team out.

San closed the door and walked back to Wooyoung.

"You just let them go like that...?"

"What was I supposed to do? If you made me invite them over to call the police, then I told you it was useless."

Wooyoung could only stare at the other, unable to even react anymore. He felt like he was with a complete stranger.

"San...I can't continue with you."

***************************
A/N: I mean...were you planning to?