Two is company (1/2)

"You haven't told me if you've decided on any names yet."

"I know, Grace. I'm sorry. We haven't thought much of it being so busy preparing for everything ... on top of making sure Niikeyms getting what he needs."
   You shovel another bite of mashed potatoes in, almost looking at them in disgust. Things started to taste much too different considering the heightened senses, and you missed being able to rely on comfort foods when it was difficult enough to keep things down on certain days.
  "Besides, it's not like we know if my other visions will ever come true or not. Neither of these kids could be Da'mik, just as much as your daughter may not be the Kiri I raised."

"And ... are you okay with that? If it's new children?"

"Obviously.
    And the fact that I only had one human child before, the other one would be new entirely."
   You set your spoon down and huff out uncomfortably, having to arch your back in certain ways as your spine is really starting to get after you.
     "You know.. When I first realized what happened... I thought, maybe, this was just .. some sort of vision from Eywa? Like the ones the Na'vi have when completing their dream hunt. Jake had visions of Toruk, Norm had visions of a daughter.. I don't know if that's how she managed to feed me all of this mentally, or why it had to do with the link specifically when it wasn't connected to her."

"Well, let me ask you this.
    Are you worried she may not give you all your children because you couldn't stop the RDA from leaving?" Grace brings a hand over and slowly rubs along your spine where it aches the most.

"Maybe?" Another huff. "I don't know. It depends why I was put here. There was a reason for me to save you, Trudy, and Tsu'tey... I just wish I knew what. Saving Hometree may not have been it at all, I'm afraid.    I just don't get why me.. why not let Tsu'tey have a second chance at saving Sylwanin? Or for Mo'at to forbid any connection with the humans?"
   You bury your face in your palms. "So many things go wrong after your death, Grace. I don't have a way of pin pointing which it could be that I was brought to stop."

"What if you weren't brought back to stop anything? To just.. let it fall where it lands?" Trudy seems to have overheard, and comes to sit with you both at the lunch table. "Max still thinks it was caused by a malfunction in the link.... Sometimes... he's skeptical."

"I don't know." You stress further. "I'd rather not get into all the chit chat again. It drives me insane just thinking about it."

"The weirdest shit happened the other day." Trudy interrupts with an unexpected thought. "I was watching some older films, and there's one where a girl has to deal with reliving the same day over and over — she restarts at the end of the day, since she keeps getting killed.
   She has to kill the man or woman that wants her dead, and that's how she breaks the cycle."

"You mean if she killed the right person to end this, she'd be good to go?" Grace hasn't seen the movie, so she's trying to find the relation. "Or that if she dies again while that event takes place, she would have to reset?"

"Unless it's a multiverse theory and she's taking over some other version of herself." Trudy remarks. "Norm tried to explain all of it to me the other night, but I didn't get much of it. He's big on comics and fictional works."

"Of course, the nerdy explanation." You take another bite. "Just what I need."

"Multiverse or not, though.." Grace reminds. "We're real this time."

You lean back on the lunch table bench and press your finger tips into your lower back, where most of the pain resides these days.
   Your friends stare as you uncomfortably groan and wince.

"I believe you need to go back on bed rest." Grace reaches over with her larger fingers and wraps them around your torso, giving you her arm to push off of as you stand.