Overhaul (2/3)

"I'll be late for dinner tonight, go ahead without me and Norm." Trudy calls over the comms for Grace. "Sorry."

"Hey, it's okay." She insists.
   "I know you need to talk to him, so go for it."

She's able to wrap up her projects for the day, and stumbles her way down to the kids rooms across from the main avatar links.

It's no surprise that when she knocks, the door opens a small bit — and there lays Spider as he holds a photo in his hands.

"Hey, kiddo." She gives a small wave as she steps in - brushing past the different clothes and notebooks thrown about in he and Da'mik's shared space.

He sits up from the top bunk, and stares down at her as she approaches. He's unsure which direction this is going, and errs on the side of caution.

   "You wanna go out to Hometree for a bit?"

__________________

As they walk across the thicker branch and hold on to the top one — a gust of wind seems to get Spiders hair and he blows it out of the way annoyingly.

Trudy can't help but laugh as he fights it, even when he comes to sit down and still has to keep it away from covering his mask.

"Here, sit still." Trudy insists, and she pulls his long blonde hair into a loose ponytail at the base of his scalp. Which, this time around — is much easier to do than when he had the locs in your timeline.

"Thanks." He mumbles, and even reaches back to feel the bun she's made out of it.

It's still a bit awkward for him, never really doing so well with confrontation or being in trouble.

They sit in silence to begin, both watching over the clan as so many bodies move back and forth on the ground while working on the never ending construction.

A group of Ikran hang out above — and he stares at them in awe.
    "I wish I could have my own. I hate that I'm stuck as a passenger forever." He tries to break the silence.

"Well, I can't help you there." Trudy starts. "But.. I can help you learn how to fly the scorpion."

He shies away a bit with the sentiment, knowing that's why she brought him out here.

"Spider."

He looks to her, and holds his gaze.
    "I'm sorry for what I did." His leg starts to shake as he sits crisscross on the branch. "Im just worried if I don't get it soon, I'll lose my patience or hyperfixation on it or give up due to stress."

"You will get it. Im sorry we haven't been much help, really. I know it may not seem like it — but I'm trying my best, kid."

"I don't mean to put all of this on you." He stresses even further.

"You just don't want to lose passion for the one thing that connects you to her. I get it." She expresses.
"But don't go rushing these things, you'll only make it worse. They aren't toys, you know? You could very well crash and die. I don't want that."

He shivers at the thought, and elects to change the subject as he lets his legs down and starts swinging them.
    "Trudy, can I ask something.. personal, I guess?"

"Go for it, kid."

"I know you don't know my mother, but why help me in her place? Were you related or share a culture from earth or something?
    ..I don't get why someone would want to help a kid who's basically a spitting image of their equivalent-Hitler."