Matrimony (1/3)

You're barely awake enough before you feel Jake wrap his arms around you, and tug as hard as he can to get your back to his chest.
    He inhales deeply, and stretches out his legs as he buries his face into your neck.

"Baby." He whispers as he brings a hand up to your ear and brushes your hair back. "You have to get up. It's almost ten."

You only groan in response, and clutch harder onto the pillow you so comfortably lay on.

"Trudy will be here soon."

Still nothing.

"The sooner you're up, the sooner you can get breakfast? Trudy's bringing you some?"

Food. Oh that sounds great right now.
   You'd forgotten to eat before getting into bed and dealing with two babies in need of breastfeeding.

You end up passing back out again, even if it is only for a few minutes.
   You roll back over when you come to, and see Jake has Tommika in his arms as hes bottle feeding her, and has a hand towel placed over his shoulder as he sits up in bed.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't hear her." You grumble and rub at your eyes. "I fell asleep again."

"I noticed." He laughs, and places the bottle down on the nightstand as your daughter is seemingly done with her breakfast for the time being. "It's okay."

As you go to sit up, he moves to burp her — and there goes Da'mik with his little whines as he's still in his crib.

"Don't let him fool you. He's been fed already. He's merely making noises until he falls back asleep." Jake informs. "I promise, he's fine."

You place your hand on Jake's shoulder as your daughter looks up at you, and she grabs for your fingers like her life depends on it - never letting go, either.

"You think they know yet that Dads the same regardless if he's pink or blue?" Jake wonders out loud.

"They'll figure it out eventually." You smile sweetly. "For now they probably think they have four parents, maybe six if you add on Trudy and Norm trading off with us so much."

"It's better they have too many parents than not enough." Jake adds. "I wish I had that problem growing up."

You reach a hand out to him, and lean against his shoulder. "Jake, there's something I've wanted to ask - but we've both been so busy.. I just haven't gotten to it."

He shifts your daughter around so she's sitting up comfortably, and she starts to make little raspberry sounds with her lips. "What's up?"

"You haven't mentioned wanting to transfer into your Avatar." And it's something you've been pondering.

"Oh." He says, a bit surprised you're bringing it up today. "Yeah.. I guess I'll wait a little bit before I do it. I'm enjoying things as they are now. If I change my mind, I can do it anytime, right?"

"Eywa does grant it to you, so I suppose it doesn't expire. I waited sixteen years to do it."

"So, while you're asking me - what about you? why haven't you yet?"

"The human kids need me for nutrition right now, and honestly? I wasn't in a huge hurry the first time, either.
   I still think it could give me an advantage if we're going straight to war when they return.. if my avatar dies, I have another chance. If I die, I'm done for."

"That is a decent reason, at least." He agrees. "We'll have to talk more about that later, though."
   Jake hands you Tommika before moving to stand, and lifts her back up as he grabs the slings and throws them over his shoulders. "— Trudy's almost here and I have to get the twins out and meet with Norm."