🔞 Eclipse

It's the middle of the night, and after getting the twins back down for their sleep - you decide to step into the shower.
      It's the first time you haven't needed a sponge bath, and could fully indulge without worrying about the stitches or pain of standing.

The walkie talkie used in place of a baby monitor hangs just over the shower wall, loud enough to hear if one of the twins were to wake again.
    Luckily, they'd finally gotten to the point where they could go for five hours without a peep.

Five hours of alone time on days Jake would take Niikeym outside, that is.

Speaking of - you can hear him coming in and dropping a bag on the floor as he adjusts the larger Na'vi baby in his arms.

"Alright, there you are." His voice barely sounds through the device. "Let's get you tucked in, huh?"

Followed by an uncomfortable groan as Jake laughs about Niikeym tugging on his shoulder-length curls.

You hear the machinery around his legs when he finally comes in, and slowly pushes the door until it's half an inch open or so.

You're too relaxed to even turn back, almost half asleep as it is when you hear him walking in behind you.

He's able to slip off the contraption, and at least stand on his own these days. His legs are definitely filled out. As long as he keeps his hands on the walls and watches his step, he can manage short distances.
    He's always explained it's something similar to trying to walk with your legs half-asleep, so even if he can't feel it fully - he knows enough about his own weight and balance to test it.

Jake's hands slip along your lower back, using you to keep himself upright.
   His nose settles in the crook of your neck.. so sweetly inhaling the scent of your shampoo.  Hums follow rather lowly as he kisses along until he reaches your shoulder, with his other hand flat against the tile wall.

You lean into his grasp, and place your fingers over his.

"You know what?" He whispers, and your eyes finally open as he pulls your bodies closer together.

"Hmm?" You ask softly.

"I think you have kept me waiting long enough to get what I want."

You turn a bit, watching his face out of the corner of your eye. "What do you mean?"

"I mean the ceremony you told me we could do. The one you swore you'd let me have if I woke up again?  Said between sobs and tears as you sat at my bedside while I was unable to move."
   He continues the kisses, and even scrapes his teeth against your skin at one point.

"Aren't we already married?" You offer as a sarcastic statement. "—Are you sure you still want a ceremony?"

He withdraws his right hand, and grabs for your wrist as he turns you around to face him — leaving your back pressed to the wall as he continues.
    "More than anything-"
          A kiss to your temple.
"—I want to have a proper marriage ceremony for both sides of us-"
         another kiss to your jawline.
"—it's important to me.—"
         He slides his hand up along your chest, and swipes his thumb over your nipple.
  "-besides, didn't I ask for one before?"

"You did." You wrap your arms around his shoulders, and scratch your fingers around the nape of his neck and lower part of his hair. "And I enjoyed every bit of it."

"It might be your second or third or fourth time doing things, but for me — I'm still on my firsts." He reminds, and kisses your lips gently.
    "And I'll be as greedy as I can be, because I love you."