Hiking we will go (1/2)

"Hey." Jake softly whispers as he places his palms on the shared bed and leans in cautiously. "Baby."

You barely care enough to respond, or even so much as open your eyes.
Far too exhausted from the unspoken thoughts and worries that kept you up last night.

"Baby. The kids are down at the school waiting for us." Jake speaks a bit louder this time and brushes the back of his finger against your smaller face. "Come on."

You inhale deeply, and yawn as Jake takes advantage of the size difference and tugs at you. 
   You groan at the loss of the warm bed - as well as missing waking up to Tuk this morning or Lo'ak trying to climb over all of you.

But no matter what they tried - Jake insisted they let you sleep in.

He teases as he brings you to the bathroom like some pet, and sets you down on the countertop.
   "Come on, mama. You gotta get up." Jake presses a kiss to the side of your face and smiles despite the exhausted look on your face. It worries you; but he won't bother you with it for now.
"—Trudy's even made coffee, you can chug it before we head out."

You nod faintly and push yourself onto the ground, yawning as loudly as you can before coming up with a fairly quick retort.
"Yes, daddy."

He stops brushing his teeth, and turns to stare at you with one eyebrow cocked.
   "Never heard you call me that before."

You share the same expression, and almost hurt your neck looking all the way up.
"Don't flatter yourself. I was only making a joke."

He shrugs with a grin. "Did I complain?"

You turn to face him just as he turns to face you, and your hand goes up immediately as he steps too close.

"What?" He sure sounds offended.

"I did not intend on having Avatar dick in my face this early." You head back to the sink and spit out the toothpaste.

"Sorry." He lowly chuckles. "Almost nine feet over here, it's bound to happen.
   —-Besides, it never stopped you before."

You rinse off the brush and place it back in its holder, just before smacking him on the ass cheek and heading out the door back to your bed.

"He-e-ey. Ouch." He groans sarcastically as he finishes up at the sink. "—That's gonna leave a mark."

"Payback for all the times you've done it to me." You shortly explain.

He barely gives you the chance to bend over and grab for some clean clothing out of the dresser before he squats down, moves forward, and wraps a hand around your torso to pull you in.
   "We could fool around." He teases as he slips a finger slowly down your front. "- but we'll just end up late."

You place a hand on his cheek and lean in to give him a subtle kiss. One he presses back into and savors like hes craving your taste and scent.

As much as you want to, it's far too difficult today.
   It's the first time most of the family has had a day together. War preparations haven't slowed down, the underground tunnels and bunkers for the younger Navi haven't finished, moving everything from hells gate to the new building was years away from being accomplished.
   And then there's the kids on top of it.
Lo'ak was struggling like he did before to get his training on level with Niikeyms, the human kids had to develop work around iknimayas that Tsu'tey instructed, and now Lia and Niikeym were busy instructing the kids roughly about Tuk's age as they progressed into harder lessons.

Jake feels the way your kiss fades out, and rubs his thumb along your cheek before pressing his forehead against yours. His voice is a bit more serious this time and his eyes show nothing but adoration.
   "Get dressed and we will head out."