Matrimony (2/3)

"Okay. You two ready? We gotta head out before you're late." Grace stands by the door and places her hand on the knob. "You've got two minutes."

"I'm almost there." You call out, panicking as you try to find your other shoe. Aside from the combat boots, tennis shoes, and slippers - you've got a pair of stretchy flats somewhere that are rather comfortable to slip into, and wouldn't be seen through the longer dress you wore.

Trudy's going through a pile of clothing on her end, helping find them as she's all ready to go and would hate for you to start sweating with anxiety.

"Oh shit!" She finally yells with excitement, holding up the grey footwear with glee. "Are these the ones you wanted?"

"Thank god and Eywa and whatever else." You push up from the floor and she helps you into them since it's quicker that way - and before you know it, you're both running down the hallway with little portable fans on so your makeup won't run.

"I never once pictured I'd be running in a dress down a long hallway." She comments between heavy breaths.

Grace is far behind, simply watching the both of you in the distance as you try to make it to everyone else on time.

You have to pick up the bottom of your dress, and try to take longer strides as the cafeteria hallway almost comes into view.

"And I didn't think I'd ever run this fast again unless I was trying to catch a child." You breathe out heavily and have to stop for a second, already beat and exhausted from the never ending design of these god damn hallways.

"Come on, we're almost there, you can do it!" Trudy encourages. "I'm the cripple here for hells sake, and I'm smokin your ass."

You look up at her as she offers a hand, and you barely roll your eyes before she gives you a solid tug and yanks you back up.

Just as you turn the other corner, you both knock into Jake and Norm as they were apparently coming this way to check up on you both.

"Jesus Christ, what the hell did I just—" You rub at the sore spot on your forehead, and realize Jake is standing above you as he rubs his chest.

"You okay?" He asks as he leans down to offer help you up, and his eyes never leave as he gets a good look at you for the first time.
     With both hands out, he takes yours in his.
"Wow." Is all he has to say, both realization and emotions hitting him as he brushes your hair behind your ear.
"—Hello there, Beautiful."

Amidst the nostalgic walls of the old base — Trudy and Norm — as well as you and Jake, are heading down the empty halls for the long awaited celebration.

The setting has a sense of casual elegance, with a relaxed and intimate celebration in mind.

The once dull cafeteria that was used to plan against the N'avi - has been transformed into a picturesque venue, adorned with delicate flowers, twinkling lights, and rustic accents — inviting all human and Na'vi into a new place of togetherness.

As the four of you stand before your friends and family — especially Max as he insisted on officiating — your voices fill with emotion and promises of a lifetime together. You're lovingly surrounded by an abundance of love and support from your families, and the air is filled with a beautiful sense of joy and gratitude. Everyone present celebrates not only the union of the couples and mixed species coming together, but also the triumph of battle.

The scars of war have been replaced by the tender embrace of love, and you are grateful to have found companionship in each other. You got almost everything you intended on this time around, and still couldn't believe Eywa had gifted it in return.