Tempus (2/2) 🔞

At some point, Grace had excused all but the few of you girls out. She'd always been the type to be overwhelmed when too many crowded around.

Evelyn was here to monitor her vitals and the epidural or any other medications she'd taken along with Mo'at and Neytiri.
And you and Trudy were here for the moral support.

The guys took the babies with them, leaving everyone's focus on Grace as she stuck to the routine Evelyn gave her.
Hours drained on, and you clocked out a time or two during then — but to skip the details — when the time came, you were there.

Like with your birth — Mo'at was first to hold the child, announcing the little girl and welcoming her to the world before placing her on Grace's chest.

You knew how much she looked like Grace, the main reason you and Jake chose her Navi name to pass to her — but as she holds the newborn - slime and all on her back - it's only more apparent that there truly wasn't a father in this making.

She must have been some sort of clone drafted from what Eywa could grab of Grace's genetic makeup, except for the nose. Hers was wider than Graces - but the rest was all her.

"She's so beautiful." Grace can hardly contain her tears as Trudy grabs for a clean cloth and dabs away at her cheeks to help. Even when Grace turns to face you, and smiles with her sniffles.
"—She's everything you said she would be."

"It is her, isn't it?" Trudy asks as she's unaware. "Kiri, right?"

"Yes." You only get out the first letter before sobbing yourself, and scoot in closer to place a hand over Grace's. "Every Na'vi has their own pattern when it comes to their stripes. Like with Niikeym... I've seen these more times than you could ever count."

Grace holds her so snug in her arms, and kisses her forehead multiple times as Mo'at helps dry them both off with larger cloths.
"My sweet Kiri." She hums, holding everything she'd wished about seeing one day since the first time you mentioned it before they tried to ship you off.

"You don't have to go with Kiri. It was just an idea Jake and I had to take your name." You shortly explain. "Since you weren't there."

"Well, I'm here this time. And you know what? Men go through having seniors and juniors all the time to pass on family tradition or legacies."

"That is true." Trudy points out. "My younger brothers like the fifth in our family with his name."

"After all I've accomplished and done in my life - I think it's only fitting I pass on my name to her. If they can have juniors, then so can I." She rubs her face against the bright and wondrous infant in her arms. "She's all me after all."

You place your hand on the back of her head, and gently stroke along her braid. "If that's what you want, then you go for it. We clearly support it."

Mo'at asks that everyone step out for a few minutes, to let Grace have some alone time with her daughter as Evelyn checks them both over.

And of course — the guys are standing in a circle at the ground floor of Hometree, holding a baby each. It seems Tsu'tey stole another Navi kid - this one's one of Graces students - she's much older, but not so big that she can't be held on his hip at least.

Seeing Jake all toned with your sweet baby boy on his chest only makes it even worse. The last thing you needed was baby fever, let alone any temptations.