CHAPTER 27

LEIGH PEREZ

I

was alone, in a vast field of golden grass. I looked around. It was endless, It was almost like I won't reach the end even if I have to walk the whole day. The sun was shining bright, enveloping me with its warmth, like a hug. Like how warm my mom hugs me.

Where am I?

"Leigh, honey?"

Someone called me from behind, I turned around to see who it is. I smiled, It's mom and dad. They were waving at me.

"Mama." I called back. I laughed as I ran towards them. However, I feel like I'm not reaching them no matter how fast I run. I panicked, but I didn't stop running. I want to hug them, I miss them so much. Even my dad, I still love him despite everything.

Both of them smiled at me, mama even has tears on her cheeks. Why is she crying?

"I love you, remember that always. Everything that happened has a reason. Remember always, what mommy did was for your sake. So forgive me, Leigh." Mama said. What is she saying? I don't understand what she meant by those words.

I saw dad try to hug her, he faced towards and gave me a genuine smile. He then said, "My son is a strong young man. Leigh, don't let others decide on your path in life. Do what makes you happy."

I listen to both of them as I felt tears falling from my eyes. I felt like those are their last words. "Don't leave please." I plead.

I stopped running. It's useless because I can't get near them no matter how hard I try. I watch them from afar as they hug each other, they look so perfect as always, like lovers who would sacrifice everything for each other's sake.

"D-don't leave me alone, mom, dad. I already miss you both, p-please come home already." I shouted as I cry hard. It hurts, my chest hurts. I stretched out my arms towards them, I want them to hug me too. But I was startled, because they were fading little by little, seeing it felt like stabbing me right through my heart.

I saw how both of them look at me with contentment as they fade together with the warm breeze. They're gone from where they're standing. I was shocked. Where did they go? I kneeled on the grass, gazing blankly forward.

The next thing I knew, I was laying on a soft bed. Birds could be heard from the opened window. I was in an unfamiliar room, yet a familiar feeling of safety.

I sat up, I was alone in a wide dark grey bed. I could smell his scent so I'm sure it's his room. Now that I think about it, All of that was a...dream. It's only a dream so I'm sure mom and dad was well and enjoying themselves in Japan.

I brought my knees close to me as I hid my face in them. It was silent, dead silent, until I heard the door clicking. Xander came in with a  plate full of food. 

He was taken aback for a second after seeing me, but immediately composed himself and closed the door behind him.

"Crying again? Aren't you tired." He said after placing the plate on a table near him.

Crying? I touched my cheeks and I was indeed crying as I felt wetness in my fingers. Argg, my eyes were already sore, when will you stop being a crybaby? I irritatedly thought to myself. I wiped my face aggressively but I stopped when I felt hands larger than mine, wiped my tears more carefully.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, hon." He said while taking off some strands of hair sticking on my face

"W-hat time?" I asked with a strained voice.

"It's already noon, you slept quite well so I didn't dare wake you up." He said as he gave me a glass of warm water for my sore throat.

"Thank you." The only thing I could say to Xander.

"Do you want something to eat? I brought you your lunch but if you have any food you want to eat just tell me, okay?"

"No, I'm good." I dreary said as I tried to get back to bed. I'm exhausted, that dream made my brain work overnight.

I was about to put the quilt over my head when Xander grabbed it and throw it on the floor. Seriously.
I faced Xander with a frown. "Bring it back to me." I ordered.

"I will after you're done eating so get your ass in here." Xander said while he set the table. This jerk seriously still gets on my nerves.

I flipped on his bed and buried my face on the pillow that smells just like him. I was in that position when I felt Xander grab me on my waist and lift me up. I was surprised and immediately grabbed his arm my waist to avoid myself from falling on the floor.

I groaned at him. "Can't you treat me properly?"

Xander smirked at me. I really hate that smug look of him. Xander made me sit on the chair and let me eat my lunch, which I did because I'm actually hungry.

While eating, a question linger in my head. So I asked Xander curiously. "Xan, are dreams opposite of reality?"

Xander sitting beside me stopped moving and looked at me intently. He then puts his palm on his chin as if looking for the right words to answer my question.

"I think it depends on what you dreamed of."

"My parents. I dreamed of them fading, that's why you saw me crying when I woke up." I sluggishly said. I'm thinking of that dream again, I should forget about it because it will never happen. Mom and dad will come home to me. They can't just leave me behind like this.

I saw Xander leaned back on his chair, his face blank. Sometimes I want to crack his head open wide so I can see what's in his mind.

"You okay?" I asked him but he didn't answer.

"I should be the one asking you that." Xander whispered.

"Huh?" I ask confusedly.

"Nothing, hurry up eating and we'll go outside later. Since it's Saturday, do you want some enchanted date together?" Xander said as he got up and rubbed my head. Enchanted?

When I realized what's he mean by that, I smiled. "Really?" I excitedly said.

Xander only smiled at me, "Yes, really."

---

This chapter is unedited.

Vote/Comment/Share

-S.L