CHAPTER 30

"Big brother, Is it okay to leave your friend behind?" Anna asked as she holds her cone of ice cream carefully, afraid that she'll drop it for the second time.

"Don't worry, he'll come for me later on." Leigh confidently said. He knows that Claude won't go home without him. Although he feels bad for leaving without telling.

"I think he's looking for you now." Anna said innocently. She's looking up to Leigh with her rounded black orbs.

"Maybe... But he'll take me home once he sees me, so will you help your big brother hide?" Leigh asked mischievously.

Anna smiled when she heard Leigh. "I will!" She excitedly said.

Anna grabbed Leigh's hand and dragged him further inside the crowded place. "I know a good place to hide, big brother. I've been hiding in there every time my mommy looks for me." Anna said.

Leigh looked at her, puzzled. "Do you live near here?" How could a sweet little child like Anna know this place?

"... Yes." Anna looked at Leigh's eyes.

For a brief moment, the child's gaze made him shudder. Leigh can feel goosebumps on his skin. He looked at the small hands holding his own and thought that there's no way a little girl like Anna can possibly hurt him. Leigh shook his head.The uncomfortable feeling must be coming from the gust of wind.

"Where's your mom then?" Leigh inquired about the child. He keeps on walking along with her, but makes sure to remember the way they're taking.

"She's working." Anna simply replied.

"Your dad?"

"I don't have one...?" A hint of sadness in her voice. "...We are here."

Leigh looked up at the place where Anna brought him. It was a dark room with a hair-raising ambiance. Leigh immediately turned around after hearing the door closed.

"Anna?" He called panicking, but no one answered him. Leigh tried to open the door knob but it won't budge. The door was also made of metal so it was impossible to break it.

Leigh started to get panicked. He already has bad memories about getting locked up in dark and unknown places. While trying to push the handle of the door, Leigh keep on calling Anna. That girl though never answer him.

"W-where are you, Anna? Are you okay?..." Leigh nervously tried to walk in the dark. The door was obviously locked because it wouldn't budge no matter how hard he pull or push it.

Suddenly, Leigh immediately looked back when he felt a nerve chilling presence behind him. Leigh unconsciously swallowed his salive when the presence was getting near him. "W-who is it?" Leigh said between his heavy breathing.

Leigh could only saw the silhouette of the person. He was stepping back on instinct whenever the silhouette would take a step towards him. Leigh felt that he would die if he got caught.

"Stop." Leigh plead in a small voice. His eyes that were focused on the man, has tears flowing down his pale face. He can feel his back getting wet from his sweat. His legs that was continuously retreating started to wobbled.

It was until he felt a wall behind him that Leigh almost fainted from nervousness.

"Xander" Leigh helplessly called. It was Claude's face that Leigh wanted to see the most right now. It was that grinning handsome face that he's longing to see before losing consciousness.

The man in the dark caught Leigh's limp body with his outstretched arms on time , as if expecting him to faint. "I'm sorry, Leigh. But I have to do this in order to satisfy that man. I don't have anything against you, I just had to. Please forgive me." He said with his calming voice. The look that he's giving Leigh has a hint of tenderness and regret, as if he's looking forward to their meeting, while regretting that it was an unpleasant meeting. He'll be a bad guy in front of the person on his arms. That was his regret.

The man walked towards another door, opposite to the door where Leigh and Anna went in. He was carrying an unconscious Leigh on his arms.

"M-master, p-please don't hurt big brother." Anna said between her sobs. She was crying. She was asked by the man she called as master, to bring the man in blue shirt and white pants to this place. But that big brother was kind and pretty and she doesn't want him to get hurt but, if she refuses to follow the orders, it will be her and her mother's life on the line.

'I'm so sorry, big brother.' Anna thought while looking at Leigh.

The man ignored her and instead ordered his men who were waiting for him. "Start the countdown as soon as we leave this place."

"Claude, calm down man." Blake tried to not shout at Claude. His friend was agitatedly dialing his phone. He was obviously trying to call Leigh's phone, but it just keeps on ringing and it is making Claude lose his sanity.

"How can you fúcking lost him when he's with you all the time." Kaizer shouted at Claude. Veins on his neck can be seen from how angry he was.

"Kaizer, It's no good blaming it on him alone. Let's go look once more instead of shouting blames at each other." Ren suggested.

"It took us an hour just to evacuate half of the people on this place, we won't make it in time if we don't move faster." Azusa said nervously. The casualties and deaths will be high if they continue this. But what's making him more nervous was the man who's currently wearing a dark face since hearing about Leigh is missing.

Yoshiro's silence never makes them comfortable. He was like calm before a storm.

A sudden 'ting' got their attention from an LED screen not far from them. All of them watched as a countdown of thirty seconds started. No one knows what it meant. They thought it was part of the amusement parks' games. None of them expected that, the expected hour time limit was reduced by thirty seconds.

It will be hell a little more later.

***
Sup!!

Here is an unexpected and unedited chapter.

Enjoy!!