CHAPTER 3

MORGAN LEIGH PEREZ

"Here." Xander said as he put the tray full of food in front of me. He volunteered to go get our lunches himself so I let him do what he wants. I'll just waste time trying to argue with him. From the years of him annoying and pestering me, I already learned some of his habits and behavior.

He knows I don't eat chicken, so the foods he got me were fish and lots of bite sized fruits. While the food he got for Shane were fries and burger. I secretly sighed at the sight of her tray. Her food intake was quite alarming.

Xander also gave me my favorite drink which is a chocolate drink. He already pricked a hole on it using a paper straw and gave it to me.

As I was eating, I noticed that he was only eating a sandwich and nothing else.

"Why are you only eating that? Aren't you hungry?" I asked. I'm not concerned, I'm just curious. A big man like him won't get full at a mere sandwich.

"You worried? You can feed me if you're worried" He said with a smirk and opened his mouth.

This guy's really annoying.

"Heh, dream on. You can keep your mouth wide open, but I'm not feeding you." I said back at him. I rolled my eyes on him and continue eating.

Instead of getting angry, Xander just smiled and didn't disturb me after seeing me eating again.

I picked one strawberry from my tray and held it in front of Xander. Why can't I just let him starve on his seat, it's his fault anyway because he didn't get himself more food.

Xander seems taken aback. He probably didn't expect me to give him food, well it was just a piece of strawberry.

"Next time, if you're putting food on my tray, make yours the same amount with mine. I don't plan to keep on giving you food, you understand?" I said while still holding the strawberry.

It took a second before Xander slowly opened his mouth again, but he didn't ate the strawberry. Is he expecting me to put it directly on his mouth? Argh, this guy's really getting on my nerves.

When I frowned at him, Xander just laughed and ate the strawberry directly from my fingers.

"It's sweet." Xander uttered after tasting the fruit.

"Well yeah. It's a strawberry, what do you expect?" I said while raising an eyebrow on him.

"I wasn't talking about the fruit though." I looked at Xander, baffled at his remarks.

"You're a jerk." I said while shaking my head.

We both continue eating since we don't have much time before lunch break ends. To make me finish my food faster, I keep on putting  fruits on Xander's plate. It's his own fault for giving me too much, now he should help me finish them.

"Leigh, just focus on your lunch, how will you grow more taller if you keep on giving me your food?"

Xander's really a jerk, just because he's a six footer doesn't mean he can insult my height that just went up to his shoulder. I'm still tall compared to other men my age.

"You're so annoying..." I said irritatedly
to show him I'm not happy.

"...Don't show your face in front of me after this or I'll slap your face." I continued. Xander didn't take my warning seriously because he just laughed it off.

"Why is it that whenever you both argue it reminds me of an old married couple--" Shane couldn't finish her words when I suddenly nudge her side. She should have remained silent if the only thing she'll utter was pure nonsense.

After eating, we still have a few more minutes before the lunch break ends. Xander's still here too. He should start walking towards his building because that's far from the cafeteria. The east wing of this academy is for the senior high, while the other side's for college.

Since this place is really big, it'll take Xander more time to get to his class on time so he should start moving now.

I slightly nudge his knees with my foot under the table. "You'll be late to your class if don't start walking now. Your rooms far from here right? And this is why I told you you don't have to go here just to eat. East wing serves the same food as the west wing, you know?"

"You really think I'm here for the food?" He dumbfoundedly asked me.

"Well, what other reason do you have?"

Xander looked at me amused. He stood up from his sit and slowly went to my side. He slowly grabbed the back of my chair and bent down to my face. I stiffened on my place.

"W-what are you doing?" I nervously tried to push his face away from me. The distance of our faces from each other was quite dangerous. I tried to look at the other direction when his hand that was on the chair suddenly went to the back of my head to prevent me from getting away.

"Hey, If you don't remove your face, I'll fucking kill you." I threatened him. Of course it's a futile because Xander just snickered on me.

"How brave, honey. But you know what, I'm ready to die for you." Xander whispered before shoving his lips on mine. I couldn't process what happened. Is he k-kissing me?

"Ah." I blurted out when Xander bites my lower lip. My hands that were on his chin went down on his collar that I grasped hard after tasting blood on my lips.

Xander stepped back after that, he stood  up straight while I'm still in daze.

"W-hy did you..." kiss me?

I saw how Xander lick the small blood stain on his lips as he looked at me intently. There's hunger on those eyes.

"Why? Aren't you asking me why I'm here? I just showed you." Xander simply said. He stretched out his hand and put it on top of my head. He messed it up before leaving.

I still couldn't get over from that...that kiss. Dámn, he already got my first kiss before. But compared to the smach on the lips, today lasted a little longer.

A sudden whistle came from my side. "That was hot." Shane's wide grin caught me off guard. I felt my face getting hot after realizing we're in public. It's the worst.

I looked around only to see the students inside the cafeteria looking at me. They probably saw Xander kissing me.

Embarrassed, I immediately stood up and went out while trying to hide my red face using my right hand.

Damn you, Xander. You're dead you jerk.

❤❤

VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE