CHAPTER 24

ALEXANDER CLAUDE LUX

After talking with my sister in my study room, I was dazing outside the glass window for a long time.

If what she told me just now is actually the truth, then this is much more serious than I thought.

'Japan, huh?'

No, He doesn't belong to them anymore. If they ever come to get him, they'll have to get through me first.

It was already midnight when I decided to exit the study room to rest on my bedroom. But before getting inside, I glanced at my baby's room acrossed mine. I wonder if he's asleep?

I was contemplating if I should check on him or let him rest for the night. Since he's a light sleeper, he tends to wake up at the slightest noise.

I sighed before opening Leigh's room while preparing myself in case he throws something on my face for disturbing him. But nothing came flying towards me, instead, what I saw on the dark room was a bulge on the bed. I guess he's already sleeping.

I sneaked inside his room silently. I got near his bed to sit down on the edge of his bed. I watched as he sleeps peacefully and can't help but smile as he murmurs something while scrunching his nose.

'So fucking adorable.'

I took some strands of his hair off his face as I lower myself down to put my lips on him.

"No matter your origin, or where you came from. You only belong to me, Leigh... I ought to protect you with my life, I ought to love you for eternity. So please, when the time comes where you have to choose between me and your family...I beg you to choose me." I whispered to him.

I'll plead if I have to. Leigh is someone I can't live without, and he's the only one who can keep me sane.

I stood up after taking a good look at his sleeping face before exiting his room. I should take a rest too.

===

I woke up late from overthinking all of the things my sister told me last night, it all started sinking into me.

"Leigh." I ushered as I immediately went out of my room with nothing but a black pajama pants and naked upper body. I knocked on Leigh's door but nothing responded. I went to the living room but there's no one in there but maids who's busy cleaning. I then walked towards the dining room hoping to see him there, and he's indeed in there laughing with my sister as they talk to each other.

My sister noticed me getting near them since she's facing me and Leigh's back on me.

"Oh, you're here." Clarisse said while chewing some bread. Leigh looks back to see who's Clarisse was talking to. He still has a smile on his face when our eyes met, but he immediately frowned after realizing it was me. But I smirked when his eyes landed on my naked chest for a second before averting his gaze to somewhere else. For a split second, I saw how he blushed and swallowed hard before looking back at my sister.

"You seems to be in a hurry, Is something wrong?" Clarisse continued. Probably amused at what she's witnessing before her eyes.

"I'm just checking on Leigh." I reasoned.

"Why would you check on me?" Leigh asked while glaring at me as I strode my way towards him.

"Maybe he's scared." My sister intervened. How I wanted to wipe that smirk on her face. She's so annoying. I gave her a look to shut her up.

"Scared on what?" Leigh asked confusedly.

"Don't mind her." I said as I got nearer him. I stand right at the back of his chair, hovering at him.

"Oh well, I should get going. Let's catch up again Morgan." Clarisse stood up, smiling sweetly at Leigh. But as she was about to get past me, she tapped my shoulder and gave me a genuine smile. " You don't have to be on guard all the time, Alexander. Leigh cares for you too and I know he won't run away from you. And Just remember, Chloe and I would always be on your back." She whispered in a foreign language. Intended to keep Leigh from understanding our conversation.

"I fucking know that. I'll abandon you two if you're not backing me up, specially with what we're facing right now. It'll be a tough battle but we'll make sure to win." I said back in the same language.

"You still have a few years to be the new Don, but right now, you're just a student. So don't do anything stupid."

"I know where I stand, you don't have to tell me. Anyways, your car will arrive tomorrow. It's fully paid so use it as much as you want." She beamed in excitement after hearing about her new car.

She bid goodbye to Leigh and I before exiting the dining area.

I gazed at Leigh who's busy eating his breakfast all this time. I grabbed the seat next to him and sat down.

"What language was that?" He asked, not looking at me.

"You guess." I taunt.

He looked at me blankly as if questioning my whole existence. I just smiled at him, not fazed by how he look at me.

"It's Italian." I answered since he was about to roll his eyes on me. He can be sassy sometimes.

"By the way. Aren't you going to school?" He asked and he's back to eating his breakfast.

"Either I'm late or not, they can't do anything about it."

"But dean can." He stated.

"I'm not scared of her." I said. Although she can stab me with her heels if she got pissed on me.

"If you're not planning on showing up at school, then I'll get going. I still need to prepare for my exams so I can't be too lazy." He said as he stood up. I saw he's in his uniform and was ready to go, but I grabbed his hand to stop him.

"Wait for me. I'll go take a shower for a bit and we'll go to school together. Wait for me in the living room." I said. I dragged him to the living room to sit him on the couch. He better not leave in here.

"Just hurry up." He said as he tried to push me away from him. Leigh was looking up at me the whole time, and not once did his gaze fall on my shirtless body. I grinned.

"You know you can touch my body if you want, you're the only one allowed to do so." I said.

Leigh's face gotten so red. "Y-you..." I saw his fist trembling. "...Jerk!". I was taken aback when he lifted his fist and actually punched me on my abdomen. It doesn't hurt, but I'm sure he'll get upset if he knew his punch didn't affect me.

So I pretended to get hurt from his punch and made an 'ack' sound. I slumped on the couch near me as I clutched my 'hurting' abdomen. I shut my eyes hard, trying to contain my laughter.

"You're still pretending? Seriously, I hate you, you jerk." Leigh tried to pinch my face but I caught his hands before he can do even more damage to me. With one hand on his arms, I grabbed his waist with the other one to make him sit on my lap.

"It does hurt. You punch so hard baby." I coaxed him. He tries to get off me but he can't.

Leigh was frowning while I'm smiling wide. He's adorably gorgeous even when frowning. Can I kiss him? Nope, He'll punch me before my face can get nearer to him.

Although time was running, All I wanted to do right now was hug this guy close to me.

The smile on my face disappeared. Realization drowning me as I thought of Leigh's real identity. Right now he doesn't know, nor remember anything. But before he can remember, I'll make sure he'll choose me over his responsibilities.

°°==°°

HI!!

Vote/Comment/Share

S.L