Twenty four

Lara's P.O.V

I had enough of Luke's bullshit. My sister Laura was the biggest bitch, and they were both in the wrong. She cheated on him, while he cheated on her. And now I'm caught up in the middle of this. I kind of wished that Luke wasn't so damn easy to love, because now he has my heart tied in knots and butterflies in my stomach at the thought of him. But he dragged me into his mess.

I wished that he was able to cut off the knots he tied with my sister. But it wasn't that easy.

I walked towards my locker, grabbing my books for my first period. It was maths and I absolutely despised it. Usually I would sit next to Luke and he would help me solve the equations our teacher would give us. But there was no way in hell that I was sitting next to him. Especially after the scene he caused in the middle of the school hall.

Instead of sitting in my usual seat, I sat in the vacant one at the back of the room. As soon as I sat, the bell rung, and the teacher came walking into the classroom.

"Good morning class." He said, forcing us to respond back.

"Ah, Lara, I see you have changed seats." He said.

I just nodded my head, the gaze of the whole class was on me, except Luke's of course.

The class started by taking out out books, as the teacher wrote things on the whiteboard.

'QUESTIONS 1-8 IN YOUR WORKBOOK PAGE 105.' was written on the board.

I opened my workbook, looking at the questions written in the book.

'If x equals 3, and 3x + 14 -10= 23, what does 2(3x + 14 -10) + 7x'

This was somewhat easy to understand, but Luke would usually always be there to correct me on my errors.

I quickly solved the problem, moving on to the next question. And as I expected, it was harder than that the first one.

'If x is 23 and f is 8 what is the remainder when f(x) is divided by x -1'

These questions weren't particularly hard, but I was no where as smart as Luke.

I spent the rest of class working on the 8 questions that were given to us by our teacher.

The bell rang, which allowed me to leave the class. I stepped into the corridor of the school.

"Hey Lara!" Julia called.

I stopped in my tracks as I waited for her to catch up to me.

"I think we have music now." She said.

But a lump formed in my throat.

We stopped at my locker, so that I could exchange my maths books for my music ones. And we continued to walk to the music room.

Julia and I entered the room and the teacher called out.

"You will have today to finish recording your songs. The music room will be opened at lunch times if you don't finish recording today. Otherwise they will be due next week."

My stomach churned. The one person who I didn't want to talk to. I had to sing with.

A/N: I'd like to say thanks to my best friend dreamingcalm for helping me with this book for me because I was sick and I absolutely love her for that and I can't imagine this chapter without her!

-Lara