Act 1, Scene 1

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing/62650604

Ah, the fresh air!

That's what you think the very second you step off the train. After a seven hour ride, you can't wait to start walking again. You stretch your arms for a bit as you walk away from the train. You take a look at your surroundings.

This looks a lot like my old town, you think to yourself. I feel like I'll be right at home here.

The train station is unusually empty. You knew this was a low-populated town, but still. It looks like you are the only one here. You shake off this uneasy feeling and leave the station.

As you leave, a shady looking figure pulls you from behind. You are startled.

"Welcome to Sanctuary, my friend!"

You get a better look at the figure. You see a purple cat, probably in his late twenties, wearing a beige trench coat. The figure pulls out his hand.

"The name's Rover," the cat says. "I'm assuming you're new to this place?"

This cat man seems...odd for some reason. You don't feel comfortable about telling him that you're new here.

"I'm sorry," Rover apologizes. "It's just that I've never seen your face in these parts before."

Awkward silence. You stare at the ground as Rover takes a deep pause.

"Say...what's your name?"

"My name is A Pimp Named Slickback," is what you say to Rover. The purple cat lets out a dry laugh.

"Slickback, eh?" he begins. "That's a rather unique name."

In reality, Slickback isn't your real name. You abandoned your old name a long time ago.

"So what brought you here to Sanctuary?" Rover asks. "This isn't really one of the big name places you always hear about on the news."

You decide to change the subject, since this topic is making you somewhat uncomfortable.

"I'm A Pimp Named Slickback," you say. Rover raises a brow.

"I believe you already mentioned that."

GAH! Now you feel more stupid than ever.

You decide that Rover is not worth your time. You look at him anxiously. Something about him seems... off.

"I better get going!" you blurt out. "Those papers aren't going to fill themselves!" Rover chuckles.