Act 4 (Part 2), Scene 1

You finish your pies as the town clock chimes, signaling its 9 AM.

You stand up and yawn, satisfied. "That was way better than I could have imagined!" I'll have to thank Ai again for these when I get back!

"I'll say! I haven't had a cherry pie before, but it was the best thing I've ever tasted!" Serena then mumbles, "but I guess I haven't really tasted too much food to being with, so that's not saying much..."

You laugh. "Alright, we better get to the docks! I don't want to keep Kapp'n waiting."

"You're right! Let me just get ready real quick!"

"Huh? Right here?" You say.

Serena is enveloped by a bright white light and you instinctively shield your eyes. When the light fades, you see that Serena has now changed into a human form with tan skin, blue eyes, short black hair, and wearing a blue tank top and dark blue pants. She stretches and hops in place a little. "Hope this disguise is alright, I kinda feel weird stealing the looks of one of my friends..."

You stand there for a moment in shock. You don't know what's come over you, but you feel like hitting on her all of a sudden. "You look divine, you want to go on a date after we're done with work today?"

Serena looks confused, but blushes. "W-wow, Lance, I-I'm not really sure how to respond to that..." She struggles for a minute before snapping back to reality. "Don't get me wrong, I'm flattered, and I can see why you'd want to go out with this." She gestures at her new form. "But I'm afraid I'll have to decline. I can't do that to Ai, and even if I wanted to, I think I'd want to take this a bit slower." She smiles. "I'm sorry."

Ugh! How could I be so dumb! You curse your impulses. "I'm sorry, too. I don't really know what came over me." You admit, sheepishly. "It's just--"

"You don't need to explain yourself to me, Lance. It's okay."

"Why? You didn't read my mind again, did you?"

She laughs. "Of course not! I just want you to think things through more and get over those impulses to act like an idiot with every pretty girl you meet!" She stops and suddenly looks annoyed. "Hold on, why did it take you this long to be like this, anyways? Is my normal form not good enough for you, huh?"

Uh-oh... This was a dangerous conversation to get into. "No! Uh-- Gee, look at the time! We don't want to be late for work, do we?" You try to find any excuse to dodge the conversation.

Serena glares at you, clearly aware of your avoidance tactics. "Fine. But don't think I'm letting you off the hook so easily! This isn't over!"

------------

You arrive at the docks and say hello to Kapp'n.

"Yar! G'mornin', Lance! I hope yer well rested and ready to go!" He laughs, but then stops when his eyes fall on Serena. "Oho! I see ye found a new lassie! And who may this be?"