Act 1, Scene 2

Note: Youtube links have been added to the comments section. Playing them is optional, but they are links to the songs I am referencing, so it adds some extra atmosphere.  

______________________________________________________

The night passes on, and soon the clock hits 11. With a sad look on her face Mabel says that it's getting late and it's time to pack up for the night. "We meet every Saturday night. You're welcome to join us next week too! It was a pleasure." She smiles.

You look over to Rosie and quickly turn back to Mabel and say "Of course I'll stop by, it was... fun." Surprisingly it was. You could probably use your newfound skills to patch up your old clothes into great new designs.

As you head out of the shop, you see Tangy and Rosie walking towards what seems to be Tangy's house. (Rosie's house was in the opposite direction.) But Rosie didn't go in with Tangy; she was probably heading back to her own house. Which reminds you: home... You still needed a place to stay the night.

As you watch Rosie walk away into the forest, you decide to chase after her and walk her home. "Hey Rosie, wait up!" She turns around as you catch up. You hold out your hand and tell her "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this." Immediately you kick yourself. Why can't you ever have a good pick-up line ready?

But for some inexplicable reason, Rosie takes your hand with a giggle. Together, you two begin to walk in the direction of her house. "You're funny Lance, but really I'm okay, silly. I've been through this area of Sanctuary hundreds of times! Nothing bad is ever lurking in the shadows."

You look at her a bit confused as to why she took your hand, but thought not to press the issue. "I know, but I figured it was the right thing to do," You say instead as you pass through the garden, twigs and leaves crunching under your feet.

You near the edge of the forest garden area and Rosie's house comes into view. "Well, looks like we're here. I better head out then." You start to lessen your grip when Rosie tightens her own.

"That's right, you never did find a place to stay the night, did you?" You shake your head. "Then come, stay over at my place, silly! I have an extra bed you can use."

You suddenly become nervous and self-conscious. You look around a bit nervously and notice a couple of animals jogging through the woods. Then your gaze returns to Rosie. You look into her eyes, see her smile, and can't help but question her motives. What is she up to? Is she just being friendly? Or is she the type to bring any boy home for the night? Come to think of it, you don't even know her full story. Can she be trusted?

You may not know too much about Rosie, but you figure now would be a good time to forge a bond with her. "That sounds great Rosie! I really appreciate it!" You say with a smile. "Anyways, before we head inside, wanna grab a drink? I figured I've been talking so much about myself, and I realized... I hardly know anything about you!"

Rosie looks down, and for some reason slightly conflicted, but she quickly changes back to her standard smile. "Of course, silly! Let's head over to The Roost and grab a cup of coffee, my treat!" Rosie grabs your hand again, this time on her own, and begins to pull you along.