Act 3, Scene 5

************

Your mind is a swirl of both happiness and confusion. It's not Rosie! You let out a sigh of relief and try to keep yourself from breaking down. But then— "Who is this?" You look over to the others. "Any ideas?"

After a few moments of silence, Rover speaks up. "It's Tangy..." He walks over to the other side of the body and lifts its arm for you to see. You see a bracelet on the wrist, which Rover moves, revealing orange fur. "Most all of the fur was stained red, but the part under the bracelet is untouched." He sighs and puts the arm back down. He seems a bit depressed, but you're not entirely sure why.

Tangy... You rack your brain for any information on her. The name sounds too familiar to have been someone you didn't know.

Oh! It was only for a little bit, but you did meet her on your first night in town! She was with Rosie at the Able Sister's!

Rover reads your sudden realization from your face. "So you figured it out too?"

You look at Rover, confused. "Huh? Figured what out?"

"The bracelet?" Rover says, as if it were supposed to explain everything. After a few seconds he sighs. "So you didn't get it..." He shakes his head with disapproval. "I thought I told you that bracelet was the reason I thought it was Rosie, didn't I?"

You nod. "That's right." You think you know where this is going. "You're saying Rosie gave your bracelet to Tangy as a present, right? I guess it makes sense. When I met Tangy, she and Rosie seemed pretty close. It makes sense that Rosie would give a present like-"

"Yeah, I know!" Rover cuts you off. He looks a bit annoyed with you, but he quickly returns his face to his usual calm self. "Sorry. I guess I underestimated your deductive skills, Lance!" He laughs dryly.

Copper clears his throat loudly, so as to get your attention. "If you don't mind me interrupting, I'd like to discuss our investigation. It appears we need to become more serious with this investigation and it'd help if you'd be able to help us with the investigation on a more... regular basis, Lance." He looks at you with his usual serious expression. "That's why I wanted to talk to you today. We could use all the help we can get investigating Sanctuary and trying to get to the bottom of this."

Suddenly you feel nervous. You still haven't told Copper and Booker about your fishing trip you're supposed to be going on tomorrow morning. I wonder how they'll react... You doubt they can keep you from going, but you wonder if your presence would help the investigation more.

"What if the problem isn't in Sanctuary?" Rover suddenly asks. "What if the source of these murders was somewhere other than here?" He looks over to you, as if to ask you to speak up about the trip.

You nod in agreement. "He's right, Officer. In fact..." You pause and take a deep breath. "I have a fishing job that's going to take me to areas and islands around Sanctuary. Maybe those areas will lead to some sort of clue."

"That's right! If Lance goes out there, we might be able to get some new insights!" Rover chimes in. "This might just be the thing we need to solve this case!" You know that Rover would much rather have you stick around, but he looks at you and smiles as if to say "I've got your back." It seems like he's willing to help you out, even if he doesn't think it's the best idea.