Act 3 (Part 2), Scene 3

"Y'arr, Lance! Are ye okay?" Kapp'n's voice wakes you up, and you open your eyes lazily, and take a look around. The sea around you is still covered in thick fog, but the sun's light is much brighter now that it's later in the day.

Your head is throbbing. "What happened?" You remember your dream and how you almost got an answer out of Ai. You groan with frustration. "Ai..."

Kapp'n laughs. "Yer lass is back home, don't ye worry. Ye fell asleep fer an hour or so, spent a good bunch o' time mumblin' to yerself." He notices your distress and frowns. "Are ye alright, m'boy? I can make a stop at a nearby port if ye need to rest. I don't want ye keelin' over on me!"

You don't see the need to stop off for a rest right now since you feel alright. "I'm fine, I just had a bad dream. I haven't been sleeping that well lately..." you tell Kapp'n. "No need to delay our trip just for me."

Kapp'n still looks concerned, but seems alright with continuing on. "I'll travel a bit faster, to be safe." He says with a smile. Despite the thick fog, Kapp'n revs the boat's engine more and speeds on ahead. The sudden acceleration throws you off the bench seat and you fall onto the floor of the boat.

You pull yourself back up slowly. "Are you sure this is safe?!?" You yell over the roar of the engine.

"O'course it is! I was a champion sailor back in the day!" Kapp'n boasts. He seems to have a new sense of confidence, and there's a gleam in his eyes that's slightly disturbing. Sure he may have been one back in the day, but what about now?!? All you can do is sit back, watch, and trust that Kapp'n is still as good a sailor as he thinks he is.

——————

Miraculously, you somehow make it out of the fog and within minutes, you can see land! It's not long before the boat bumps into the wooden docks and you're finally able to disembark.

"Y'arr, welcome to Terra, Lance!" Kapp'n growls as you stretch and take a look around.

"Terra, huh..." Surprisingly, it doesn't look too different from home. I guess most of these rural towns tend to look alike. From the looks of it, Terra was a large island that was connected to the rest of the world by a train system, rather than a bunch of boats, as would be expected. The land itself is very green, with more trees and greenery than you care to count! Between the many trees, you can see a few houses mixed in. Along the beach there are a couple of straw shacks lined up too. You assume you and Kapp'n will be staying in one of those.

Kapp'n taps your shoulder and hands you a map, a shovel, a fishing rod, and an axe. What does he expect me to do with an axe?!? You think to yourself as you hold the axe in your hands, confused. Kapp'n notices and laughs. "Ye never know when it'll come in handy! Thar be plenty of trees for choppin'!" He pauses. "Anyways, what I need ye to do is take a look 'round..."

"Why? Aren't we supposed to be fishing? What good would exploring inland be?"

"It's not fer the fish, it's fer the mayor! I gots to be sure that my permit is still good here. And thar be the matter o' our lodging..." He pauses and lifts a box out of the boat. "Don't ye worry 'bout me, I'll unpack all our supplies and make sure e'rything's in order. Ye just go on and find the mayor."