Act 2, Scene 1

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing/63364918

You begin to walk around town and you immediately notice a cat wearing a red helmet. You decide to walk up to him and strike up a conversation.

"Hey, what's your name?" you ask the cat. He seems a little odd with his helmet and matching costume.

"I'm Kid Cat, psst. And you are...?" Kid Cat reaches out his hand.

You reach out and shake his hand. "The name's Lance... Nice to meet you, Kid Cat!"

"Likewise!" He says with a smile.

You talk with him for a little while about how you just moved into town a couple days back. You find that he's very easy to talk to, but a little childish in nature. But what's wrong with a little childishness here and there? You then hit the subject of Rosie and Ai, and how they are your good friends. Kid Cat's ears twitch slightly... You think nothing of it and continue on with your conversation with him.

You wrap up your story with how you got a house that opened up after a group of animals had moved away from Sanctuary. Kid Cat nods. "Yeah, it seems a lot of people have been moving out recently, but just as many have come in. Of course Ai has come back to town, psst... Then there are my friends Agent S and Big Top who came into town a couple weeks back. They've been staying at my place, but have decided to get their own house now that more have opened up, psst."

Kid Cat looks down, obviously troubled. "There are a lot of people leaving town for new lives... I wonder if it's my turn to do the same. Even my good friend Astrid moved out of town this morning. She got on the train and left!"

That name doesn't sound familiar. "Who's Astrid?" you ask.

"Oh, you never met her? She's a bit tense and rude sometimes, but a real nice kangaroo once you get to know her, psst! Shame you never got to meet her though..."

The kangaroo... That's the one who was murdered! You realize that Kid Cat's story doesn't add up. You found Astrid dead in the forest last night! She didn't leave town at all!

You decide to tell Kid Cat the truth. "You know Kid Cat... Astrid didn't leave town," you begin.

He looks at you with a puzzled look. "Oh really? Then where did she go?"

You take a deep breath. "I saw her last night..." You shudder. "With an axe in her throat... Astrid's dead." Kid Cat remains silent for a few seconds taking in what you just said. You notice that he's staring at you like you're crazy!

Kid Cat bursts into laughter and pats you on the shoulder. "Oh man Lance, you really had me going there for a second, psst!" He thinks I'm joking?!? Why doesn't he believe me? "I'm tempted to believe you Lance, truly I am. But you know, nothing bad ever really happens here in Sanctuary! I saw Astrid get on the train this morning to leave! There's no way she could have been killed last night if I saw her this morning!"

Kid Cat then looks down at his watch and his eyes go wide. "Oh, I gotta jet! Try getting your facts straight before you try another joke like that, psst." He then punches you on the arm (he has a pretty tough punch), and laughs again. "See ya around, Lance!" He runs off making a "whoosh" sound as he leaves.

After he's gone, you're left to think about this new development. There's no way... I'm sure the person I saw was Astrid! If it wasn't her... What was all that with the police, then? Who was really killed? What the hell is going on?!? Your mind is flooded with questions and head starts pounding. You take deep breaths and cool down to settle your thoughts.

Your head is still pounding slightly, just like it has a few times before. Then you remember: Officer Copper had told you to get medicine from Nookington's when you first met him yesterday! You forgot all about it!