CHAPTER 2

"Let me guess, you have to go to Eswatini again?" My husband asks with his hands on his waist. Is he looking for drama right now? I sigh and stop packing.

"I am going to South America to see progress of the offices there and meet up with some clients who want to see me face to face. I thought I told you this last month. Or did you forget?" In any case that's not my problem. He always gets moody when I have to leave. The Eswatini trips piss him off the most because I never pack or say my goodbyes. I just disappear in the middle of the night.

"My mind is not functioning well, Futhi. You are constantly on the move and it drives me insane. I never find a chance to spend some quality time with you. When you are not in Eswatini or abroad, you spend time with the kids. Not me. What about me? Or have you forgotten about your husband?" See? He is moody and is constantly complaining. I close my luggage and put it next to the wall. I will ask one of the helpers to finish packing it for me later. Right now I need to pay full attention to my husband before he starts throwing things around like computers and stuff. I hold his hands and place them on my chest, or my boobs rather.

"I am sorry if you feel like I have neglected you. You know this is all new to me. The spiritual gift and the corporate expansion. Don't get me started on motherhood. Half of the time I don't even know what I am doing." I sigh. "How about I cook dinner for you? Maybe get the guards to drive the kids to the Cele household and then we will get to spend some quality time together and then I will leave tomorrow morning." He places his hands on my waist and brings me closer to him.

"That sounds like a great temporary plan. Get your things in order, Futhi. I love you and I will die loving you and continue to love you even in my next life, but I need some love, affection and your time." I smile. I understand where he is coming from and I agree with him. Ever since I accepted my gift, I have  been so busy. Last month, I almost missed the quads' fourth birthday and Milisuthando called me out on that. These kids are too opinionated and that will surely land them in hot waters in the future. It's funny how Milisuthando is the troublemaker but he gets along like house on fire with Ndosi omkhulu. I guess he sees himself in my trouble filled son.

"My love, there are a few months left till we launch the Peru and Australian offices. After that, I hire CEOs and then continue working in Durban office. I promise, I will make time for us and our family. I don't want you to regret supporting my dreams."
He blushes. "I will never regret supporting your dreams and gift. Yeah, being apart from you sucks, but your work makes you you and I can never be unhappy about that. I am an old man. I will suck it up. Phela I know I am royalty and I didn't have to work hard for my dream to be a success. I know how hard you have worked for this, so I will support you."

Men always say they are attracted to hard working and independent women but when they are hit with them in the face, they see how hard these women work and the amount of time they put on their dreams. When they don't spend much time at home, they start complaining. That's what you get for going after a successful woman.

***

"I have a school project that I need you to help me with, mom, so I can't go to grandpa's house." Mahle states after I tell her about their impromptu visit to Morningside. I sigh inwardly and look at my husband who is carrying Nomandla. She is such a daddy's girl.

"I will start off on dinner while you help her." He walks away and I sit down next to my first princess.
"So what is this project you want help on?" I ask and at that very moment, Milisuthando walks into the lounge. He comes to on my lap and cuddles me. Yes, the troublemaker is a sucker for some loving. He is one of the reasons why I usually travel with the quads when I go abroad. They don't handle separation from me very well, even the daddy's girl.

Mahle just ignores him because she knows he won't get up. "My teacher asked me to write about three influential women in my life who inspire me and I decided to write about you, aunt Noma and aunt Lee. I already know what you do in life, I just need to know the role your career plays in the community and how it impacts the young of this generation." Hebana. We weren't given projects like these in Grade 5. Private schools and their advanced education, yerr. I legit thought she was going to ask about her family tree or something easy like that. "I also need the same information on both my aunts so I will FaceTime them after I am done talking to you or visit them in their offices."

"Okay. Now let me tell you about my job."
Milisuthando interjects. "Mom draws these cool buildings and her workers bring them to life." I giggle while Mahle rolls her eyes. It's so adorable that my baby knows what mommy does. It's even more perfect in his version. I must record him saying this and make him my ringtone. I kiss his cheek and he grins before climbing off my lap and runs to the kitchen.

"Architecture is one of the most paying jobs in the country and the world. That is very important nowadays because the cost of living is ridiculously high. So having an architecture qualification and job is very beneficial. Also architecture has the ability of turning mere words said by someone into a complete product. Some of the biggest or tallest buildings in the world were mere thoughts on people's heads which seemed bizarre but architects brought them to life and engineers helped make a fantasy a tangible reality. With regards to how this type of career affect the youth of today, I will just touch on the positive. Your generation is filled with unique and provocative creatives who are always sitting on bright and brilliant ideas and designs. In 10 or 20 years those creatives will have their signatures in famous buildings and people won't ask who designed them, they will know. So in a way, architecture is provoking the youth of today to really think outside the box and work twice as hard to have their work stand out and attract potential clients or investors. Did you write that down?" She is just looking at me with a smile. My own baby is blushing at my words. Your girl still has it.

"I am recording it. I will write my notes and make my board later. I am inspired just by you, mom. They said at the end of the project we must figure out what we wanna be when we grow up. If we wanna follow on the footsteps of the influential women we wrote about or start our own path. But I wanna become an engineer like you. Your job is so cool and a lot of people respect the title. I wanna be called Amahle the Engineering Princess and not just a spoilt, talentless and entitled princess." Damn, this child is deep. She actually inspires me to carry on working twice as hard.

***

"The house has never been this quiet before." My husband mutters as we wash the dishes. "It's peaceful and creepy at the same time." I chuckle. He is correct though. Sometimes the kids are too noisy but a few hours away from them and we already miss them. We dry the dishes and pack them away.

"Please go shower, I have a surprise for you." I drawl, looking at Kuhle and he frowns. "Don't question me, just do it."
He rolls his eyes. "Fine." He kisses me before heading upstairs. I quickly tidy up and head to one of the guest bedrooms. I place towels on top of the bed and put some massaging oils on the bedside table. I want to give my husband some loving. He comes looking for me a few minutes later. He is basically shouting all over the house as if I am lost.

"IN HERE!" I shout back as soon as I hear his footsteps in the hallway. He steps inside the room and frowns when he looks around. "Welcome to your personal spa, Mr. Ntombifuthi Zulu." He laughs. I am always being called Mrs. Kuhle Zulu, so it's nice to call him my name. "Please lie down and let me make you feel better." He grins and drops the towel wrapped around his lower body. My God, he still is as sexy as the day we first got intimate. I lick my lips and he just rolls his eyes.

"Behave MaCele." He groans before climbing on the bed and lying on it. "Get on with it wifey." He winks and closes his eyes. I squeeze a few drops of the oils on his right leg and moisturizes my hands before starting to rub him.