CHAPTER 24

Unedited

A CHRISTMAS EVE SPECIAL

“Well people aren’t happy about your recent escapades. They know that Manuel assaulted you but some are still calling you a whore.” Namuhla starts off and I huff. When are we going to have peace? Can’t we have a normal Christmas week at home with our loved ones? Why do we have to entertain annoying people who do nothing but tweet shit day in day out?

“What do we have to do?” Kuhle asks and I stare at him. He shrugs. “I don’t like this as much as you do, but our image is important. You know that. If we have to do something to get back to their good graces I don’t mind.” I roll my eyes. Sometimes I hate his understanding nature.
“Outing with your family at a very public or busy mall anywhere in Durban. It’s great that we are in the festive season. You will get a lot of exposure there. Maybe Workshop for example.” She suggest and Kuhle is the first to speak up.

“Absolutely not. My wife and kids are going nowhere near Durban CBD. That place is too crowded and unsafe. Try another place.” He states and I just chuckle. Not so long ago he was game with this idea and now he is against it. He always overreacts when someone mentions town.

“I think Workshop is a great idea. We should head there tomorrow. Take the kids with. Do our Christmas shopping there. We will buy them at Pick n Pay. Let me go decide on what to wear.” I stand up and my husband pulls me down.
“Futhi…”

“You want to put this behind us, right? So we are going to town tomorrow. Better get used to the idea, my love.” I kiss his cheek and smile at Namuhla. “Don’t alert anyone about this. It will just be a spontaneous family trip. Let me leave you to discuss some work things.” I head to the children’s playroom and I find Zobuhle playing scrabble with Londisizwe. My baby boy is very intelligent and a bit quiet like Manelisi. “Hey guys.” They both look up and Londisizwe pats on the cushion next to him.

“Come join us mommy.” I smile and sit next to them. They continue playing quietly and I am just impressed by their clever minds. I snap a few videos. Zobuhle looks so concentrated. She eventually wins and instead of rejoicing, she hugs her brother in a cute manner. My ovaries.
“Guys, we are going Christmas shopping tomorrow. We will buy some clothes and toys. How do you feel about that?”

Londisizwe’s body tenses. On top of him being quiet, he is very shy and doesn’t like going out in public places. He only tolerates them when he is with his siblings. “Do we have to? We already have enough clothes and toys.”

Zobuhle rolls her eyes. “We are kids, Sizwe. We can never have enough clothes and toys. And remember, we are giving some of our things next month. So the shopping is necessary little brother.” Londisizwe sighs and then looks at me.
“How long are we going to be there?” Hebana. This child.
“Not long, my baby. Afterwards we will go eat at Suncoast, alright?” he smiles. I just side hug him and stick my tongue out at Zobuhle. She laughs. “We will also go to the salon.” She screams.

“Daddy will let me do that grownup hairstyle now and a face beat?” she asks inthusiastically and I chuckle. She is such a girly girl. So obsessed with hair and make up at such a young age. Kuhle doesn't like her doing make up.
“If you promise not to ask too many questions, you might get all that you desire.” She smiles widely. "You wanna help me take out my outfit for tomorrow?" she nods. We both stand up and head to my room.

...

"Mama, did we have to come here?" Zweli asks as soon as the cars park outside Workshop. My son is such a snob. I roll my eyes and climb out of the car.

"Manana, can I please have that?" Nomandla pleads as she pulls me towards a table that has beadwork laid out on it. The saleslady stands up and her eyes pop out when she sees me.
"Your Royal Highness. OMG! You are at my stall. Anything you want is yours. For free." she smiles widely. "as long as you take a picture with me." I chuckle. She is so cute. Maybe 20 years old. It's good to see young black women unafraid to push their hustle in such a busy spot with no pride.

"I can never take anything for free, sisi. I am a businesswoman myself, so I understand every customer counts." I turn to Nomandla. "What do you want, baby?" she steps closer and starts picking up different types of ubuhlalu. This girl. I don't even know if I have cash. I look at Kuhle who is already taking out his wallet.

"I knew you were broke. Kuzodliwa Mina Lana." he comments, giving the saleslady money. I laugh.
"Buying a car worth millions does that to a person" He rolls his eyes. The other kids also buy ubuhlalu and even izimbadada. They do have some of these things at home but they are royalty. You can never have enough beadwork. Kuhlesibonge picks up a white and blue bracelet and hands it to me.

"Khulu said you should wear this, mother." I frown. Which Khulu now? before I can ask, I notice people already crowding us, wanting to take pictures. We pose a few for the saleslady and also a few with the fans.

...

"What did you do to him?" Dad asks as we walk into his house. Kuhle is carrying a sleeping Milisuthando in his arms.

That kid is so active. After sulking about wanting to go to Oceans and Toti, he made himself comfortable at Workshop and gave us a tough time. He was running around like a rat. Uphunyuka bemphethe. Even at the barbershop, he didn't sit until it was his time for a haircut. Then we bought a toy scooter for him at Qualisave which he drove around the shopping mall, hitting everyone in his way. Guys, when you find time, ABSTAIN or USE CONTRACEPTIVES YOH.

"Baba that kid will be the death of me." I exhale loudly and drop my heavy body on the couch.
"Sisi, ungangibulaleli osofa bami." He reprimands and my kids laugh. Yoh, ubaba. Kuhle just laughs as he places the sleeping troublemaker on the beanba. "What brings you here MA celebrity amahle?" this man though.

"You were complaining about us not visiting you baba, so we thought we should pop by and say hi." Kuhle responds.
"You just want to finish my wife's stokfel food." he pouts and I hear mom laughing from the kitchen.
"I don't mind. Uyangbhora wena Uma uwedwa. (YOU bore me when you're alone." she responds and we laugh
"After 40 years of marriage, I suddenly bore you? We sisi Jabu, please tell whatever suitor that lied to you at work ukuthi I'm not okay upstairs. Ngishaha indoda ngempama eyodwa ibone izulu." My God. These two are hilarious.
.
.
.
I KNOW IT'S SHORT BUT YOU GUYS WILL LIVE😂. A SHORT FESTIVE SEASON SPECIAL. I HOPE YOU HAD A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. WE MANIFEST A FIRST EVER PAPERBACK THIS YEAR 😊😍I LOVE YOU ALL. ❤️