CHAPTER 14

MISS NONKOSI

She walked into the control room and the security sat up straight upon seeing her. She gave her best smile as she lean on the desk, facing him and not the monitors.

“Gael, you’re Gael, right? Am I pronouncing it correctly?” she asked and the man nodded. “Every office or space in this building has surveillance, excluding the big CEO’s office, right?”
“Yes, Miss N.” They failed to pronounce her name, so they resorted to calling her Miss N.

“Can you pull up the footage of the top boardroom from Monday? 10 am to be exact.” she requested and the man nodded before typing away on the computer before him. He frowned upon meeting a blank screen and turned to Nonkosi with a nervous smile.

“It seems like the cameras were malfunctioning that day.”
Nonkosi chuckled. “That day or that particular time?” she asked and Gael shrugged.
“But we were able to fix the issue. So I don’t think we will have any malfunction soon.” Nonkosi scoffed.

“The building is new. The security system is new. Everything here is new. There is no reason for a malfunction, that specific one also. Listen here, Gael,” she stood up and pinned him down with a death stare. “My employer was assaulted at the main boardroom round about the exact time the cameras malfunctioned. So I don’t know if it is some weird coincidence, or you know what happened and you don’t wanna tell me. Either way, I am going to investigate until I get to the bottom of this. If I discover that you are somehow involved in any of this, help me God, you don’t wanna see what happens when you piss off a Zulu woman.” She walked out and as soon as she was out of sight, Gael released a deep breath.

As soon as she was settled in her car, Nonkosi drove out while dialling Queen Lisa’s number. She knew there was some kind of foul play in her boss being violated. She just wanted to make sure which individuals were involved and handle the matter in a legal way. She believed that Manuel had an accomplice in this but now she just needed to know who it was and if a security had a hand in this. Lisa answered after a few rings, scowling at someone to keep quiet on the other end of the line.

“Good morning, Nonkosi. How can I assist you this morning? Make it quick though. My son is cranky.” She said all this in one breath and Nonkosi chuckled.
“I am sure you have seen the headlines about Princess Mela.”
Lisa sighed. “Who hasn’t seen them? Anyways, what are you guys doing to handle that situation? It’s not something I can actually wipe out from the internet and everyone’s devices. Even if I do that, they will continue to talk. It’s better to come up with a more believable to cover this scandal.”

“She was violated. She looked so spooked when she left the boardroom. Manuel touched her without her permission. And somewhere out there, there is a footage of what happened. I wouldn’t be talking to you if I had access to it. Somehow the cameras went dark round about the same time of the assault.”

Lisa sighed. “That’s a lot to process. Sis Futhy had me plant secondary cameras in all her offices across the globe that operate without electricity. I will check them now and get back to you in about half an hour or so.” A child wails in the background and she grunts. “Duty calls. Piece of advice, don’t have kids, Nonkosi.” She hung up and Nonkosi laughed. She knew better than to pop up babies. Her boss had 4 toddlers who thought the world revolved around them. So she was not looking forward to having kids, at least not any time soon.

NQABAYOMUZI ZULU

Nqabayomuzi, aged 27, somehow knew from a younger age that he was one of those kids who would expand their wings but not far from the nest. He had to be around home for whatever that might occur. He was supposed to be named Bhekikhaya. He even persisted on studying at a college that is not far from the palace just so he could travel everyday to attend his classes. He had a whole life plan set out for him. Study in his hometown, develop projects in his hometown, get married in his hometown and build a house not far from the palace, just to be close to his people and family. Marrying in royalty was never an issue for him. He dated princesses for a living. But none of those compared to Princess Zisanele.