CHAPTER 12

‘THE ELANGENI PRINCESS WAS SPOTTED IN THE ZULU PALACE YARD, ALLEGEDLY TO VISIT THE CROWNED PRINCE, KUHLEKONKE ZULU. SOURCES CLOSE TO BOTH FAMILIES CONFIRM THAT THERE MIGHT BE A RELATIONSHIP AND POTENTIALLY A MARRIAGE BETWEEN THE YOUNG PRINCESS AND THE ZULU PRINCE. THOUGH NONE OF THE PARTIES INVOLVED HAVE COME OUT TO CONFIRM OR DENY THE RUMOURS, ONE CAN ONLY HOPE FOR THE POSSIBLE UNION, SEEING THAT THE ROYAL WIFE, PRINCESS MELAMINA KAMACELE WOULD RATHER CLOSE INTERNATIONAL DEALS THAN COME AND BE AT HER HUSBAND’S SIDE IN THIS HOUR.’

I nearly lose my shit over this article. Whoever that wrote this is definitely not a huge fan. How dare they paint me as a bitch who only cares about securing the bag? The articles goes on about how the princess is a virgin and how the bond between both families will strengthen then nation. Fuck me. I did not sign up for this. Why do I have to go through this? Why did God give me a prince out of 3 billion plus men in this world? He could have given me a Greek one or American or Korean. But no. he decided to give me a Zulu one whose family only cares about a young girl’s hymen and blood. Creepy when I put it like that.

“Your meeting starts in 10 minutes, boss. Are you heading to the boardroom early? I still need to collect some documents for you from the finance department.” Nonkosi murmurs as she peeks her head through the door.
I wave her off. “I will head over to the boardroom. Meet you there in 10.”

She nods and before she closes the door, she gives me a small smile. “We will get over this, boss. As soon as we get back to South Africa, everything will go back to normal and talk about the little princess will be a thing of the past. Trust me.”

I love how positive she is. One of the reasons why I hired her. I just nod and she walks away. Gathering my stuff, I stand up and head to the boardroom. I place my things on the table before walking over to the floor to ceiling window. I watch as life goes on in Peru and how I wish I was one of the citizens, facing minimum problems and not having my personal affairs hanged all over the media for everyone to see.

“How are you holding up?” a voice startles me and I see Manuel walking towards me.
I clear my throat. “Well actually. Thank you for asking.” I give him a fake smile and glance at my watch. “You are here early. The meeting starts in 7 minutes.”

He smiles. “I like being early, and it was the only way I could check up on you.” He steps closer and I instinctively take a step back. “But you are such an amazing woman, Mela. You don’t deserve all the shit your husband is putting you through. You can have any man in the world at your mercy. You can make any man fall for you. You are phenomenal. Stop hanging around that loser of a husband. Open your eyes and see that he is not all that. There are people out there who want you, who would die for you, who would sacrifice anything just so you can live in peace.” He places both of his hands on my cheeks and my eyes go wide. “I love you, Mela. I can treat you well and worship the ground your feet touch. Just let me.”

I swallow hard and shake my head. “Manuel, let me go. Please don’t do this. I am not short of love. And what you’re doing is very unprofessional. Stop it.” My body shudders a bit. Being in a room alone with a man that’s not my husband is not comforting.

His hands lower to my arms before he squeezes them. “Fuck that and fuck him. He is not here right now. Who knows what he could be doing with the virgin pussy provided for him? Forget him and think about me, about us. I adore you and you need someone like me. Who will be by your side at all times and never forsake you. Who is not afraid to defy his family or nation. A brave man and that’s who I am.” I shake my head and he forces me closer to him before smashing his lips on mine, shocking me to a point where I freeze in place, unable to do anything. “Love me, and I will carry your baggage for you.” He bites my lower lip and I immediately unfreeze and try to push him away.

“What the fuck do you think you are doing?” my voice comes out shakier than I intended. “Leave now and don’t look back. I will spare you.”
He grins. “But I can’t. Now that I have tasted you, I just want more. Allow me in.” he slides his hands down my body and grips my ass, making me squirm. “You are going to be mine, Mela. Sooner or later.”

He squeezes my body and my mind screams at this violation. I try to fight against his hold but that seems to excite him because he continues grabbing me wherever his hands can reach. Something breaks inside me and I hear a loud scream emanating from my throat and soon it fills the entire boardroom. Soon, Manuel’s hands are ripped from my body, but not before his touch imprints deep in my skin and soul. I stagger backwards till my back collides with a wall and lose my footing as I slide down until my butt hits the floor.

“BOSS! BOSS! PRINCESS MELAMINA!” the voice sounds so close yet to far. I can still feel his hands on me. Touching me. Squeezing me. Grabbing me. Violating me. That’s all I can feel. His touch. He touched me. He touched me. He touched me.