CHAPTER 7

My office in Lima does not have the same homely feeling as the one in Durban, but at least it is peaceful and beautiful. The first thing I do when I get there is order Nonkosi to schedule a meeting with Mr. Asistio and the management team. There are some things I want to make sure are in order before I continue with preparing for the Australian offices launch. The drama in my life right now is stressful but it will have to wait. I did not work day and night to get Dubandlela Construction Company on the map and only for my plans to be postponed because some individuals don't want to see me happy.

I settle on my drawing desk and start this resort project a client from Saipan. That island has a really huge and magnificent hotel called Saipan Wanli International Resort Hotel and whatever I come up with must exceed SWIRH's beauty. It's the biggest project that we have ever received in DCC and if we nail it, it will just bring more clients and a lot of exposure. Also, focusing on a project like this will help me not dwell on my overwhelming marriage problems. A knock startles me and I scoff. Guards are there for a reason, to stop people from interrupting me.

"Come in." I shout and put my pencil and ruler down, turning to face the door.
Manuel comes in with a paper bag and a Pepsi buddy. "Your PA told me that you have been locked up in here since morning. I bought you lunch in case you are hungry." He lifts the  paper bag and then places it on my desk.

I sigh and get up. "That's so thoughtful of you. Thank you. Usually my husband and PA make sure I eat when I am too busy to take care of myself."
He smiles. "Well, you have yourself a knight in shining armor in Peru. So, don't be afraid to shout whenever you need anything, or don't shout but just know I am here for you." He gives me a panty dropping smile and I chuckle. Such a handsome temptation but that's all he will ever be, a temptation which I need to be wary of.

"See you at the 3pm meeting and thanks for lunch, once again." He winks before walking out.
***

My Peru offices don't have an underground parking lot. I think many film makers have warned us with dangers that may arise when you're alone at an underground parking lot. Also my husband and best friend had an accident there, so I try to avoid them at all costs. We head out through the main entrance, bidding farewell to some of the staff members hanging around. Nonkosi tells me about the important tasks I have to do tomorrow. She always does this so even if I wish to work from home the next day, I am aware of tomorrow's schedule.

"You were supposed to meet with Mr. Asistio during lunch but time flew by, so you have a breakfast meeting at his pub tomorrow morning. You will do well not to postpone this one. We don't want you offending local business owners by not showing up." She reprimands with a quiet voice and I roll my eyes. As bosses we should just accept that our PA's are out parents because they literally do everything for us.

A car hoot startles the both of us and I look up to see the crowned Zulu prince standing outside a black SUV with a huge bunch of red roses and an 'I missed you too' small board. I scream, dropping everything, and run to my husband's arms. He chuckles as he hands the flowers to his guard.

"If I knew this was the welcome I was going to get, I would have come sooner." I giggle and get off him. I don't care if people thought my behaviour was childish. This is my husband and I will act however I want when I see him.
"You really came?" I ask breathlessly. That mini run was a bad idea.
He smiles. "When your wife gives you puppy eyes and tells you to come to her, you drop everything because we are one person. If you are not okay, I am not okay." But guys. My husband though. "How about I take you out for dinner and enjoy the night life Lima has to offer us?" He asks, giving me a charming smile. My cheeks heat up. Look at me blushing like a teenager. Ladies, get yourself a man that makes you blush even after years of marriage.

"The kids..." I start off and he shakes his head.
"We give those rascals enough time, attention and affection. They can survive a few hours without us." I feel his hand squeezing my butt and I squeal. "Do I need to do more to convince you?" I shake my head and he grins before turning and opening the back door for me. As I am about to slide in, I hear someone calling my name. I turn to see Manuel running towards us. He frowns when his eyes land on Kuhle.

"Miguel, this is my husband, Prince Kuhle Zulu. And baby, this is Manuel Diaz, the man who will take over the reigns after I return to SA." Both man shake their hands but there is no love lost between them.
"Such big shoes to fill." My husband comments and Manuel smirks, then looks at me.
"Escuche a tu asistente personal decir que iras al restaurente de Asistio y pense que podriamos ir juntos, ya que manejare su proyecto despues de que te vayas. (I heard your Pa say you will go to Asistio's restaurant and I thought we could go together since I will be handling the project after you leave.)" He states in a seductive voice and Kuhle chuckles.

"Me encontraras en el auto, amor. Fue un placer conocerte, Manuel. (You will find me in the car, love. It was nice to meet you, Manuel)." He comments before climbing inside the car. Kuhle is one sly son of a gun.

"I was thinking I should go ahead and see what Mr. Asistio has to offer before bringing you guys in. And I think I should be the one to handle this project. I need to leave my mark here in Peru. See you tomorrow, Manuel." I smile at him and get inside the car next to my husband. He holds my hand and exhales loudly.

"Has he made a move on you yet?" He asks as the car takes off and I chuckle at his jealousy.
“You’re cute when you’re jealous, and yes, he has made a minor move but I turned him down and drew the line.”
He scoffs. “Clearly he didn’t get the message because the way he was looking at you moments ago, it was like he was undressing you with his eyes and not even caring about my presence. I wanted to rip his head off, but I kept it cool.” I laugh. My husband is not the violent type, but touch his wife and you’re dead.

“Well it doesn’t matter what he wants. There are only two men in this world that I am attracted to. You, by virtue of marriage, and Don Massimo.”

He groans. “And you wonder why I cancelled your tickets for his show. No wife of mine is going to droll over another man live. Never.”
He can’t even hide is jealousy. “Babe, I love Massimo, the mafia Don with plenty of tattoos, hardly smiles and can angry fuck you all the time. Michelle on the other hand, looks a bit gay with those baggy jeans and crop tops.”

“So you’re attracted to Massimo not Michelle?” I nod and he snorts. “You are the smartest person in this car but that’s one of the dumbest shit I have ever heard you utter. You do realize that Massimo is just a fictional character that you will never lay your hands on, and Michelle is real?”

I scoff. “Really? I had no idea.” I snap sarcastically and the guards laugh.
“Where to, Mrs. Zulu?” the driver asks and I tell him the name of Asistio’s place.
Kuhle scoots closer to me and whispers in my ear. “Maybe I should angry fuck you tonight, punishment for rubbing Don Massimo in my face.” My core clenches and I shudder. He smirks before lacing our hands together and begins to tell me about the kids as if he did not just threaten me. Marry your type, that’s all I gotta say.