Chapter 3: Birthday

3rd Pov

Walking up toward the balcony leading to the main hall where all the noble guests were waiting.

Dawn was accompanied by his mother, his noble attire made fit for a 1 year old kid.

Though he wasn't walking like one...usually at 1 years you aren't able to properly walk without difficulty but with muscle memories, Dawn was able to get used to this small body faster.

And now that he is conscious of the unique skill : Reader, everything is easier.

Finally Dawn arrived in front of everyone, they all looked up...Dawn could see his father talking to some nobles...not even coming to present him.

Dawn : (I guess that's just how low his opinion of me is.)

Every nobles looked at the young boy with some curiosity before switching to a bored look, he was still a baby child which was uninteresting and since it was well known that he was from a lower nobility.

Their interest had just decreased...that was fine with Dawn.

Dawn : (I just have to act like a child and everything would be perfect.)

His eyes scanned the crowd of people before stopping on Sola who flashed a grin...he felt something was wrong.

Dawn : (My instinct is tickling...it seems what humans call sixth sense, the instinct of feeling danger or anomaly has also increased...)

Calmly looking around, being the attention of such a large crowd wasn't a problem...as he had helped his parents in his past life in restoration.

Being in front and talking to a few hundred people wasn't a problem.

Dawn : (But now why do I feel danger ? Assassin ? Robber?)

He tried to look around but couldn't, the tense thought of an assassin being near was potent in his mind.

An assassin is a trained warrior, there is no way a child like him without proper training could detect them.

Also the level of security set for a lower noble like him is low...very low.

Dawn : (If only I had more time to learn magic perception...)

Contrary to Rimuru, there was no way he would learn such a skill which normally takes years for a human in such a short amount of time.

Dawn : (I can't even run...no, be realist there shouldn't be any assassin...i am just a lower noble with no title.)

He calmed down and started to think logically.

Dawn : (I'm just being paranoid and Sola would be able to see everything with her skill, I have to trust her for now.)

If she is smiling without any worry, there shouldn't be any threat.

Sola : (Hehe, look at him panicking though he didn't show it on his face, impressive poker face.)

The banquet then went on after Dawn was introduced though most he received was pitiful or uninterested stare.

Sola Pov

Haha, look at all these idiots nobles ! None of them can see the hidden worth of Dawn-kun...I don't know who he was in his past life.

But surely if someone is influential with the Tensura community, there is no way to get powerful skills like.

I didn't tell him but I could also see the skill in different colors...

For example skills like Reader are orange which mean utility and rarity medium.

But then this skill of his...a skill I couldn't read and see a glimpse of it was purple...meaning a skill with the highest rarity.