Chapter 41: Demon lord Rimuru/A tale sourcing from the regrets of the past

3rd Pov

Overwhelming the surrounding with his presence, Rimuru just finalized his evolution into a true demon lord.

Sitting on the throne placed by his subordinate, his slime body shone brightly taking human form...a slightly more grown version of the previous Rimuru.

VOTW : (Notice : Everyone connected to individual : Rimuru Tempest will now receive « Gift »)

Upon the announcement, all those connected to Rimuru via soul corridors collapsed...feeling their connection to their lord deepening.

The only ones who stayed awake were Benimaru and Noir...who struggled to fall upon their knees.

Noir : (Kufufu, to think I shall receive a gift from my lord despite not being named...what a bliss...)

Noir was a special case, it seems over the 2 years he passed here in Tempest, his fascination with Rimuru allowed them to form a semi-soul corridor, similar to the one Dawn used to share his magicule back then.

Benimaru : (Shit...my consciousness is being swiped away, I need to stay awake to protect Rimuru-sama...)

Trying their best to stay awake, Rimuru's body then stopped to shine...the humanoid formed fully recovered.

Standing up slowly, clothes with the white rag Shuna had given him while he was still in his evolutionary sleep.

Rimuru opened his eyes revealing a pair of crimson pupils...

Benimaru : R-Rimuru-sama ?

Noir : (It doesn't seem like my lord...but something very similar...)

Raphael : Notice : You two did well, now rest.

Like an order coming from heaven, both Noir and Benimaru nodded and let themself fall asleep...the voice was robotic and nothing like how Rimuru would express himself.

A cold yet feminine voice belonging to the ultimate skill : Raphael...

Mjurran : I-is that really Rimuru-sama ?

Grucius : I don't know...but he doesn't act like himself if that is the case...

Watching him every moment, Mjurran felt like she shouldn't try to stop this Rimuru...

Suddenly, two presence appeared behind her, she felt a chill running down her spine before taking guard.

Mjurran : Who are you...

Grucius : Huh ?

Turning around, the beastman felt the danger behind the newcomer, more particularly the white haired demon.

Blanc : What a beautiful sight...to think a slime would be this strong.

Dawn : We came in a bit late, huh...

Looking around, Dawn noticed Raphael raising her arm...the magicule Rimuru's body was releasing was intense, enough to burn people who came too close.

Dawn : (Everything is still good, just in case i'll keep [Eyes of fate] active from now on...i might overload my brain for a few days but it's necessary.)

Raphael : In the name of Raphael, I order you Belzebuth...absorb all the magicule in the area, leave not even a single bit behind.

Her voice was command, the Ultimate skill : Belzeebuth reacted almost instantly...a mass of darkness appeared in front of Raphael.

The elected barrier to protect the city shattered, the souls of the dead were forced toward the center...soon enough, as ordered not a single magicule was left in the area.