Chapter 42: Walpurgis Prelude

3rd Pov

Inside the nation ruled by demon lord Clayman, Jistav...currently Milim was laying on the ground, her eyes blank, seemingly mind controlled.

In front of her, Clayman who was beating her up...throwing kicks and punches as he released his anger.

Clayman : Shit ! Why ! How did those worthless humans lose to this slime !

He had just received the news of Falmuth defeat and also the death of one of his 5 fingers, Pirone...

On the side, Frey stayed silent though he couldn't help but feel disgusted...her eyes trailed down toward Milim.

Frey : (Just wait a little more...)

Clayman : I swear ! Those incompetent trash can't even take a slime !

His eyes beamed in rage as he turned toward Frey.

Clayman : Anything else to report ?!

The harpy sighed as she tanked his killing gaze, she brought out a stack of paper she was carrying and started talking.

Frey : Those are the reports of my subordinates...it seems that multiple rumors have been spreading around...

Clayman : Rumours ?

Frey : Firstly...the beastman under Carrion went to Tempest after we took care of him...

Clayman : Tch, that doesn't matter, those beats are worthless.

Frey narrowed her eyes, just a few days ago...Milim and her were sent to « kill » Carrion...which ended successfully.

Frey : Secondly, it seems that Falmuth's army was wiped out by the storm dragon Veldora...

Clayman : Huh ?

Taking a thoughtful pose as he calmed down...A few days ago, Veldora's aura flared through the entire world announcing his revival...

Clayman : So it was the doing of the Storm dragon...as expected, a vulgar slime couldn't be capable of such feats !

Revitalized and in denial, Clayman smiled triumphantly...Frey silently rolled her eyes and continued.

Frey : Lastly...it seems the Ace of God was seen around the Jura forest...the reason for his presence is still unknown.

To this last report, Clayman's eyes widened...he had heard a lot of this Ace of God and not only that, his master had warned him to not go against Ruberios as long as he is there.

Clayman : Why would that guy be there...could he be trying to avenge the holy knight that fell during the war ?

Multiple possibilities opened but the more he dug, the further apart he became of the truth...

A few days ago...after the victory feast of Tempest ended, everyone returned to their daily life while rebuilding the city.

Dawn was currently on the training ground, his sword aimed toward Hakurou's own weapon...the kijin swordmaster actually took an interest after hearing that Dawn was a swordsman.

Deciding to train a little, it turned into a light spar...the other trainee and soldier around watched silently.

As their demon teacher actually had to be serious...

Hakurou : Your swordsmanship is great Dawn-dono...may i ask who is your teacher ?

Exchanging words as they clashed, Dawn smiled softly.

Dawn : Well if i have to give a name...it would be the chosen Hero, Chronoa...

Hakurou : Oh ? The hero that sealed Veldora-sama ? That's surprising...