Chapter 38: Author and Character

3rd Pov

Inside the Jura forest, Rimuru had now formed an alliance with the lizardman and took the orc under his leadership.

Now the chancellor of this forest, Rimuru's small village was developing at a very scary pace.

He had finished a few days ago naming all the orcs and was now chilling watching his citizens festing for the end of the war.

Rimuru : By the way, Noir-san...can you tell me more about the underworld ?

Noir : Gladly my lord.

Bowing, Noir had been staying at Rimuru side ever since they came back, he had proven himself useful as he coordoned the different team, gave instruction to ease Rimuru's job and more.

He was truly a competent man...

Noir : The underworld is a spiritual world where all demons reside...for its aesthetic, there is unfortunately nothing much of a desolate land filled with destruction.

Rimuru : Must be hard to live there...

Noir : We demons have no need of food or drink, most of us are just guided by power so fighting becomes a natural means in the underworld.

Rimuru : I see...also, you know Dawn-san from before right...

Noir nodded.

Rimuru : Can you tell me more about him too ? I feel like he is going to be important in the future.

Noir : Mmh, our first encounter was around 900 years ago...

Rimuru : 9-900...(Damn...how old are you guys ?! You could be the ancestor of my grandpa...)

Noir : It was in a nation called Lumeria thought in the current era, that nation is no longer.

Rimuru : i- i see...

Noir let out a small smirk as he continued his narration...it was one of those rare occasions where two primordials were summoned in the same place.

Lumeria, kingdom of light was located where the current Ruberios was...you could say Luminous Valentine took the destroyed land and rebuilded it from scratch.

But before that, Lumeria was a land that worshiped a false god of light...the record didn't remember much of it because of its short story.

When Noir was summoned there, the kingdom had barely 70 years since its creation...and 3 years after, the land was abandoned.

Flashback

At that time, Dawn was still traveling with Horizon who had awakened as a saint.

They have been to various places and pretty much wandered the entire world, now building a small reputation as champion or hero in the western nation.

Passing through Lumeria kingdom, Dawn immediately knew that something was wrong here...the demonic energy was just too potent.

Dawn : (Maybe another kingdom corrupted by demons?)

Horizon : Dawn-san ?

Dawn : Can you feel it too ?

Horizon : Yes, from the street all the way to the royal palace...there are demons hidden among the citizens.

Looking around, he already noticed a few demons monitoring them...

Horizon : It's well hidden but I can also feel several archdemon...this is a serious case.

Dawn : Your detection skill improved...(Violet, huh...this must be another one of her playground and since it isn't mentioned in the novel, then Lumeria will probably get destroyed by her.)