Chapter 8: Departure

3rd Pov

This morning, Dawn had worried everyone by arriving late and injured at breakfast.

He was quickly taken to the doctor for a checkup and ended up in his bed with the order of staying there until restriction lifted.

So now he was having a difficult talk with his mother...he had to reveal at least some of the truth to not get suspected for sus activity.

Anyway, after long hours, he was finally left alone or so he wished.

Dawn : Can't you let me rest...i'm not in the mood.

Sola : How did you know I was there ?

Suddenly appearing from behind the room, Sola made her majestic entrance.

Dawn : Well, it was just a guess...(Did she just use Illusion magic?)

This gave him some flashback of last night but he covered it well with his poker face.

Though he couldn't help but notice how fast Sola had progressed in a few days...and it seems she got the gist of magic manipulation.

Dawn : Your control over magicule has improved...

Sola : I know right ! I followed some lessons with your mother, she is quite a mage you know !

Dawn : My mom ? (I didn't know that...i guess the famous genius blood of the Arceid run in her vein too.)

He smiled slightly proud of his own mother.

Sola : Anyway, you went to the forest alone ! Why not call me !

Dawn : You're too slow.

Sola : Ugh...

Sola took an imaginary hit and held her chest as if an arrow just pierced it.

Sola : So mean...well at least I didn't get scolded.

Dawn : Don't remind me that...

From the fight to death last night, to his hellish training with Chloe...Dawn still concluded that his mother's scolding was worse.

She was like a true demon, her kind nature totally gone...

Dawn : Brr, I hope I never get into her scolding again.

Sola : Pffhahaha !

Dawn : Tch.

Sola : Sorry sorry, but still how did you get out of this ? And your statue has changed.

Suddenly switching to a serious tone, Sola was genuinely curious...right now she could see a few differences in Dawn's stats window.

But those new things are like his second unique skill, blurred and impossible to see through.

Dawn : Well, it's for me to know and you to find out.

Sola : ...you're annoying.

Dawn : If you say so.

The atmosphere dropped down to a amical one, as they discussed a little Sola went on her way after.

She still has a few things to take care of for the academy.

As for Dawn, he rested for a short while before getting up...he wasn't very tired but his wrist hurt a lot...it was broken and should take a few weeks to repair.

But with healing magic, it was already in a normal state and of use...just Dawn wasn't used and his child body was reacting badly.

Dawn : Ahh...I really need to grow up...