Chapter 6: Partner

3rd Pov

As the day continued, the duo Dawn+Sola had visited the 3 blacksmiths dominating the kingdom of Muth.

And as expected none of them was good enough to satisfy them.

At the very end, they chose the second one to learn as it was the least...how to say it ? Rich like ?

The other blacksmith just screamed arrogance and superiority complex.

While the second one was more a shop made for the knight order...weapons that are suited for combat and not ceremony.

They aren't the most good looking but in terms of effectiveness it has nothing to envy the other shop.

Now Dawn was walking a small corridor behind the shop where the blacksmith named Ror should be working.

His name was recorded in the archive and all his weapons were mediocre but good for this era...this was the perfect profile to learn the basics.

Finally, as a hit of heat traveled across his face, Dawn entered like a living hell...the wall and ground were lava red within the center, a lone man working.

He was massively built, a human with big arms and developed muscle.

Dawn : (The typical blacksmith npc.)

Smiling internally, he approached the bulky man and waited as the blacksmith finished to forge another of his many swords.

Once he was done, he finally turned his attention toward Dawn.

Ror : Huh ? What are you doing here brat ?

Dawn : I want sir to teach me the art of forging.

Ror : So an apprentice ? Well I'm really busy so an extra hand isn't bad.

Grabbing a hammer, he threw it at Dawn before pointing at a smithing table on the side.

Ror : Go hit this piece of ore, I want it nice rectangle shaped.

After being told, Dawn just gave him an annoyed look but just went to it.

Dawn : (Tch, i expected for him to teach me directly but i guess i can do that too.)

Smashing the hammer, Dawn was just going to use the technique he had memorized and as expected the first hit was bad.

Because he had no manual experience, it was inaccurate but each new hit developed his art.

The day went on as some time Ror would come to insult him for his amateurish work...at the end, Dawn left when the sun started settling down.
Sola was waiting on a bench, her eyes locked on the necklace she had just acquired.

Her body jumped when Dawn called her.

Dawn : Let's go.

Sola : Okay ! You stayed 3 hours inside. I guess it was successful, then.

Dawn : It was someway, anyway I'll come back tomorrow from my estimation of 2 weeks and I should be able to forge a correct weapon for myself.

Sola : That's nice to hear !

Smiling, the two then made their way to the mansion ending the day here.

Weeks passed since then as the two would often train in the morning then go out for a while, at this point the east part of the capital was their territory.

Time passed slowly and once again, in a beautiful morning as the sun was settling up, Dawn and Sola could be seen in the back of the mansion.

Where a rather large garden was located, in the middle of it they were doing their usual training...a training that Dawn took from Chloe.